Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

64 points in his first 32 games in charge. Only Pep can match that in prem history.

22 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Serious? 

7 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Yes

Unless the records are being kept incorrectly, I’m fairly confident Gregory had 67 points with us after 32 games.

Tactics/gameplan was just spot on today. Counter attacking in it's absolutely finest form, brilliant to watch. 

I'd have that down as the best result in the Emery reign. Brighton are a very good side and we've completely battered them.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, TRO said:

I think the manner of those results we have lost, is the thing that has folk divided in their views.

As I said in my post that you quoted.

On 29/09/2023 at 10:55, markavfc40 said:

I am in zero doubt that under Emery, just as happened last season, that given a little more time, it will again all click and come together. 

Hopefully today will have gone some way to convincing you of that.  

1 hour ago, daggy_333 said:

How many years did he sign a contract for?

i think it was 5 years.

it was said at the time, that it was the longest contract Villa had ever given to new manager (probably any manager, dunno).

Edited by MaVilla

28 minutes ago, villan95 said:

I just hope nobody tempts him away, because it won't be long until teams like Man Utd and Chelsea are on the lookout for a new manager I reckon.

I'm not sure he'd be attracted to circus clubs like that. He wouldn't get the control he does here. At Chelsea the manager doesn't even know who they are signing 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'm not sure he'd be attracted to circus clubs like that. He wouldn't get the control he does here. At Chelsea the manager doesn't even know who they are signing 

Yeah hopefully. Like you say Chelsea especially is a basket case. He strikes me as the sort of person that likes to see a project through too, like when he didn't want to leave Villarreal for Newcastle mid season.

Edited by villan95

Â