Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Emery.  It’s so refreshing to have an elite manager and the season is going to be a great one. But we have only won 2 games against arguably the worse team in the league and a newly promoted team. 

Long way to go so Im staying grounded. But it’s exciting times. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Probably the only humble manager in the league… or the very best of them.

I would take him all day long compared to the egotistical scumbags like Pep, Klopp or Arteta who are constantly hounding officials or worse

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I would take him all day long compared to the egotistical scumbags like Pep, Klopp or Arteta who are constantly hounding officials or worse

100%
In my eyes, he is a class above all of them and infinitely more likeable - spades more decency, integrity and humility.

I wouldn’t swap him for anyone.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I love Emery.  It’s so refreshing to have an elite manager and the season is going to be a great one. But we have only won 2 games against arguably the worse team in the league and a newly promoted team. 

That’s correct and sensible… we should reflect our manager in terms of being humble and measured…

but we have his time and work last season to go off of and the trajectory and progress is astounding… 

Away to the Championship champions, all bouyed and boisterous after storming promotion, was certainly a test and we overcame it… with our style and identity shining through…

Edited by Jas10

Anyone remember the dark days when people were defending Steve Bruce as our manager and saying we should give him more time?

Remember when Steve Bruce said "Who would we get that is better?"

🤣🤣🤣

Long may King Unai reign supreme at Villa Park. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Always wise to stay grounded. Will we be booking the townhall for every trophy we bring home? Or just book it at the end of the season and have one big party?!

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

Anyone remember the dark days when people were defending Steve Bruce as our manager and saying we should give him more time?

🤣🤣🤣

Somewhere online I bet Alex Bruce is claiming that it was his dad that built the foundations and Unai is just taking the credit

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm hoping that UE can be Villa's version of Arsene Wenger or Sir Alex.  Change the team culture permanently and stay at the club as our coach/manager for 10+ years.  I feel he could win us 3-5 trophies in 10 years between Europe and the cups.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jas10 said:

What does he mean by contrasting home and away from? That we win more at home...? Duh!

For reference (by my very quick reckoning), our PL record under UE is as follows:

Home: 10W, 1D, 3L

Away: 7W, 3D, 4L

That's quite impressive imo and amounts to roughly 24W, 5D and 9L (77pts) over a full season. I doubt that any other team achieving that record, would be assessed to have 'contrasting' home and away form.

22 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

Regarding Unai I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say I would even swap him for Pep right now. I doubt that Pep would have done any better than Unai has taking this job - his record is mainly built from winning with already great/ vastly wealthy/ cheating teams.

Also Unai isn't an irritating twunt

This shouldn't even really be a controversial view at all?

I wouldn't trade Unai for anybody but if I had to, there are at least a dozen other managers I'd take over Pep tbh.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ejs1111 said:

I'm hoping that UE can be Villa's version of Arsene Wenger or Sir Alex.  Change the team culture permanently and stay at the club as our coach/manager for 10+ years.  I feel he could win us 3-5 trophies in 10 years between Europe and the cups.

I'd much rather him be more like pep. Where instead of instantly collapsing after he leaves, he leaves us with the infrastructure and institutional knowledge to continue a dominant run for a decade after like pep did with barca and Bayern. 

In fairness you could put a duck in charge at Bayern and they'd dominate for the next generation and beyond. Germany is basically Bayern and a supporting cast of other teams putting an extended pre-show on for the Munich victory parade every year.

• Like 2

On 28/08/2023 at 21:01, TheStagMan said:

🤣🤣🤣

It’s funny the arrogance of native coaches especially the one that played at high level, Steven Gerrard said something similar to. They could learn a lot from the likes of Unai.

Â