Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Not sure. I'd rather have had him straight after Smith to be honest.

He was at Villarreal and pushing for the champions league

He turned down Newcastle as he wanted to be closer to his son at the time. There was no chance he come here when we sacked smith, sadly.

• Like 3

On 21/01/2023 at 21:19, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

I genuinely think that in 30 years time the Holte will still be singing about what Unai did for the club. Wow. I’ve been envious of other fans and clubs over the years. I’ve never been this fired up to be a Villa fan. What a time to be alive!! I feel like I just loaded a new Football Manager save as Villa manager and downloaded the best tactics and training schedules…

I KNOW I AM, I’M SURE I AM, I’M UNAI TIL I DIE!

image.thumb.png.5fb7a33a3b0dc634f8ae99857f477ed4.png

•  

Anybody ready to join me yet!

• Like 2

Spock-bright-future.jpg
# Club   W D L Goals +/- Pts
1  Arsenal FC Arsenal 15 12 2 1 35:13 22 38
2  Manchester City Man City English Champion 21/22 14 9 2 3 27:12 15 29
3  Aston Villa Aston Villa 15 9 2 4 26:19 7 29
4  Brentford FC Brentford 14 6 7 1 25:15 10 25
5  Manchester United Man Utd 12 8 1 3 21:16 5 25
6  Newcastle United Newcastle 13 6 5 2 15:9 6 23
7  Liverpool FC Liverpool FA Cup Winner 21/22 14 7 2 5 23:18 5 23
8  Tottenham Hotspur Tottenham 14 7 2 5 24:20 4 23
9  Brighton & Hove Albion Brighton 13 6 4 3 29:19 10 22
10  Wolverhampton Wanderers Wolves 15 5 3 7 17:21 -4 18
11  Nottingham Forest Nottm Forest   15 4 6 5 15:22 -7 18
12  Fulham FC Fulham  English 2nd tier champion 21/22 14 5 2 7 15:16 -1 17
13  Chelsea FC Chelsea 15 4 5 6 11:13 -2 17
14  Leicester City Leicester 15 4 2 9 18:24 -6 14
15  AFC Bournemouth Bournemouth   15 4 2 9 15:27 -12 14
16  Leeds United Leeds 15 3 4 8 19:27 -8 13
17  Crystal Palace Crystal Palace 15 3 4 8 10:21 -11 13
18  Everton FC Everton 14 3 3 8 11:24 -13 12
19  Southampton FC Southampton 14 3 2 9 12:24 -12 11
20  West Ham United West Ham 13 2 4 7 13:21 -8 10
  • Like 1

Just been reading a few other fans forums. 

There is a clear view that Emery is a top manager, we are very lucky to have him and a lot would love him at their clubs. 

I can't remember the last time people were making admiring glances at our manager. Probably when O'Neill was hot property. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The most elite manager. Imagine a pre season with the players and some smart signings. Onwards and upwards. 

We’ll be essentially doing what Newcastle and Brighton are doing, fighting for a CL spot

Stark contrast to a few months ago when most couldn't have cared less what players Emery wanted to dispense with or keep. He's gone about his business improving individuals on a weekly basis in a quiet manner, without the need to call players out publicly and demoralise them. Utilised  the squad, given everyone game time and more importantly created an atmosphere all about togetherness.  

We've become a team with a plan and most importantly an identity which is something lacking for a long time. It's brilliant and long may it continue.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I think the biggest shift for me since Unai’s arrival is that I now look at every single fixture we have and think that we might get something from it - not that we will, but might.

And that’s some serious levelling up from just writing off 10+ fixtures straight off the bat.

When was the last time we had a Manager who changed formation whilst we were 1-0 up at half time? I was unsure about the switch, particularly after the first few minutes of the second half but it paid dividends. The man has the Midas touch without doubt.

My only concern at this stage is a ‘super-club’ comes in for him and we only get to enjoy him for a short while.

As long as the board back him and don’t undermine him like arsenal’s, then I have a feeling he will stay. All the interviews strike him as a serious, business and “see it through” person who won’t want to leave without something to carry home. 

Of course, exorbitant money talks but I don’t think he will leave u less it goes tits up. 

• Like 1

6 months ago under the leadership of the 'born winner' I was scared shitless about relegation....happy, happy days.

Christian Purslow went to Spain 

In his Lamborghini and brought us back a manager suprer Unai Emery

I do worry about one of the big boys wanting him at some point, but at the same time I reckon he's really enjoying it, and is probably pleasantly surprised at how well the squad is adapting to his way of playing, without any major signings being made.

This summer and next season is going to be the most exciting time I've had as a Villa fan I think.

For all his brilliance as a manager, and the bloke is absolutely incredible, I just love that he’s also an absolute gentleman. 

Im not sure how we got him, and yet in all his interviews, social media he genuinely comes across like someone that’s lucky to be here. It’s just incredible humility in a sport full of egos. 

15 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

I do worry about one of the big boys wanting him at some point, but at the same time I reckon he's really enjoying it, and is probably pleasantly surprised at how well the squad is adapting to his way of playing, without any major signings being made.

This summer and next season is going to be the most exciting time I've had as a Villa fan I think.

I'm not so sure, he's had a taste with the big boys (PSG and Arsenal) and they both ended badly.  He has excelled at smaller clubs (Sevilla and Villareal), we fall under that category.  I think he'll stay here until he feels he's achieved all he can.

• Like 3

Â