Unai Emery

PeterSw

Love Unai and the approach he has in football, top professional, honest and likeable character. I really want this to be a successful time for the club as a whole and to compete in Europe regularly. On a personal level, as a Colombian, I would like for Duran to realize he is really lucky at this stage of his career to be managed by Unai and playing in a massive club with huge potential for growth , and for him to seize this opportunity 

• Like 2

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, Guardian_Angel_M said:

Love Unai and the approach he has in football, top professional, honest and likeable character. I really want this to be a successful time for the club as a whole and to compete in Europe regularly. On a personal level, as a Colombian, I would like for Duran to realize he is really lucky at this stage of his career to be managed by Unai and playing in a massive club with huge potential for growth , and for him to seize this opportunity 

I think if Emery felt he wasn’t seizing it, he wouldn’t be giving him minutes. He’s not one to just do a player favours. I think it’ll translate into long term success

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

A mark of the imprint he leaves mentally on a player too i think . He knew they were struggling a bit at home, were pandering to the crowd a bit and rushing their work. He’s took the sting out of that and got them to be far more relaxed. 

This. He seems to have an infectious personality. I think the mental part of the game will be a huge focus for him, and I think he has a huge impact on it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

It’s like comparing a binman with an astronaut

Perfect analogy! One had a reputation as a great footballer who turned manager the other is the opposite. We have the better of the two! 

15 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I go into every game thinking we’ve got a chance of winning. The last time I felt like that in the PL was when O’Neill was here. 

I said pretty much this word for word to a mate yesterday. 

Only difference was that I said under O’Neil I went into every game, apart from UTD thinking we’ve got a chance (always just wrote that fixture off)

Emery decided he’d use his very first game in charge to rid us of that particular hoodoo :thumb:

I was thinking last night how it just dawned on me then that Ramsey and McGinn both had really good games. I don't think I was in the minority of fans insisting that they were too similar and should absolutely not play together in the same midfield. 6 months later with some good coaching and they both played well together and performed completely different roles to a high standard. Obviously a massive well done all round for the players taking on the instructions and turning form around but also without Emery it wouldn't have been possible. 

• Like 1

All your comparisons don't really work because even the average binman/porter etc would be trained and competent enough at their job. Gerrard's problem wasn't just that he was a bad football manager but that he wasn't really a manager full-stop. A more apt comparison would be two brain surgeons; one known as one of the best in the world and the other some guy off the street with zero training who just happens to be wearing scrubs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Villarocker said:

Perfect analogy! One had a reputation as a great footballer who turned manager the other is the opposite. We have the better of the two! 

….a great manager who turned footballer?

I mean that would genuinely be impressive if it happened!

Edited by Panto_Villan

Quick question for the regulars at Villa Park.  Is there an "Unai, give us a wave" chant, and if so, has he responded?   I know he prefers to get straight off the pitch as soon as the match is over, so I'd imagine it's a no, but just curious....

Secondly, he's getting to a stage where the old standard "Unai's claret and blue army" seems to be insufficient.  I think he needs his own song....

8 minutes ago, FLVillan said:

Quick question for the regulars at Villa Park.  Is there an "Unai, give us a wave" chant, and if so, has he responded?   I know he prefers to get straight off the pitch as soon as the match is over, so I'd imagine it's a no, but just curious....

Secondly, he's getting to a stage where the old standard "Unai's claret and blue army" seems to be insufficient.  I think he needs his own song....

Not been sung yet and Unai Emerys Claret and Blue Army is fine I think.

There is another song we've got super Unai Emery he knows exactly what we need.

15 hours ago, MaVilla said:

i could name many things i love about Emery, many already mentioned in recent posts, so i will add another........😜

I feel like this is the first time we have got promoted that we have a genuine, "team" style/tactic/system:

• In the Grealish era it was "give it to Grealish", and without him it didnt work.
  • In the post Grealish era, i dont think Smith knew how to make the players work, flip flopped around formations/tactics etc and never really got the team firing in any noticeable way.
  • Gerrard was basically "look mom I'm playing like Liverpool", but he wasnt and he had no idea what he was doing, he kept "going back to basics", ie: he didnt know how to implement a system or a tactic that wasnt just "park the bus" or "gung-ho suicide".

Added to this, when Emery came in and some results didnt pan out how he/we wanted, some players at times struggled a little with what he wanted, there were calls for Emery to "go back to basics", its so impressive that Emery refused to do this and basically said "you will learn my way or you wont be here"......"this is the system, show me you can play it, or prove to me you cant and need replacing".

Breath of fresh air, amazing appointment, i hope he is here a long, long time and build the club in his image.

Cash being an example. Immediately dropped for young who was clearly more intelligent and experienced in different systems given his vast experience.

It would appear Cash is now getting it and is back in the team and his performances are getting to a good level 

• Like 3

Â