Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

great piece.

says a bit about how Nassef Sawiris basically said "i want you at Villa, you have a blank page, build me a winning Aston Villa however you like", it also talks about how this appealed to Emery as he never got that kind of freedom at Arsenal, and that he relishes the project of taking a once great club (if you know what i mean) and building its success in his own image.

Obviously he will have to work with Lange etc etc, but i do get the impression he really does have the reigns at Villa.

Great stuff.

Nas really pushed for Emery. Brilliant stuff. Interested where Wes is in all this, has he taken a back seat on manager and more involved in building us up commercially with Las Vegas Villians and other ventures?

21 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Nas really pushed for Emery. Brilliant stuff. Interested where Wes is in all this, has he taken a back seat on manager and more involved in building us up commercially with Las Vegas Villians and other ventures?

He probably has no frame of reference. 

42 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

With the additional warm down and seemingly having got Cash to come in on a rest day,  I don't think he's taking it easy on the lads. Yes he's a nice bloke, but that doesn't mean he is giving the players an easy ride.

Ramsey said in his interview that training had been really good, but hard

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WHY said:

Said it a few times but on paper this guy is the best manager the club has ever employed. 

This is true and all I want to see now is the paper potential turned into real, continued, success at Villa. Roll on.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Damn i wanted torres 

Unai Emery: "My objective is not to bring players from Villarreal, it's to bring the concept we created at Villarreal. From there, if a player suits us and we can do it, we would be open to it."

Doesn't sound like he is going to specifically target players from Villarreal, but wouldn't rule out a move if the price is right, they player would improve us, and the player really wants to come here for Emery 2.0.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Unai Emery: "My objective is not to bring players from Villarreal, it's to bring the concept we created at Villarreal. From there, if a player suits us and we can do it, we would be open to it."

Doesn't sound like he is going to specifically target players from Villarreal, but wouldn't rule out a move if the price is right, they player would improve us, and the player really wants to come here for Emery 2.0.

Yeah, he definitely has at least one Villarreal player in mind he wants to bring from that quote.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

great piece.

says a bit about how Nassef Sawiris basically said "i want you at Villa, you have a blank page, build me a winning Aston Villa however you like", it also talks about how this appealed to Emery as he never got that kind of freedom at Arsenal, and that he relishes the project of taking a once great club (if you know what i mean) and building its success in his own image.

Obviously he will have to work with Lange etc etc, but i do get the impression he really does have the reigns at Villa.

Great stuff.

This is very interesting...  Mourinho is basically doing the same thing right now with Roma.  Says the reason he went to Rome is because it's the first time in his career where he has been given free reign, lots of time, and a huge warchest to build a team from the ground up in his image.  Sounds like top managers are starting to avoid the elite "win now" jobs at the biggest clubs and are preferring jobs with more time, autonomy, and control.

It's also exciting to see what Emery can do with time and money...  Hasn't gotten both in his career so far.  Either has had time or money in a job, but never both together.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, KMitch said:

This is very interesting...  Mourinho is basically doing the same thing right now with Roma.  Says the reason he went to Rome is because it's the first time in his career where he has been given free reign, lots of time, and a huge warchest to build a team from the ground up in his image.  Sounds like top managers are starting to avoid the elite "win now" jobs at the biggest clubs and are preferring jobs with more time, autonomy, and control.

It's also exciting to see what Emery can do with time and money...  Hasn't gotten both in his career so far.  Either has had time or money in a job, but never both together.  

thats interesting, didnt realise Mourinho had said that!

I agree re Emery!

1 hour ago, WHY said:

Said it a few times but on paper this guy is the best manager the club has ever employed. 

Without a doubt. The only one who would stack up in some respects was O’Neill but he won trophies in a 2 team league essentially. Atkinson, Little and Gregory had relative success here but their CV coming into the job wouldn’t of touched Emery’s. 

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

Without a doubt. The only one who would stack up in some respects was O’Neill but he won trophies in a 2 team league essentially. Atkinson, Little and Gregory had relative success here but their CV coming into the job wouldn’t of touched Emery’s. 

Houllier had a much better CV than MON 

Â