Spurs v Sporting Lisbon 8pm BT Sport 3

Thursday 

Europa League 

PSV v Arsenal 5.45pm  BT Sport 2

Man Utd v Sheriff 8pm BT Sport 1

Europa Conference League 

West Ham v Silkeborg 8pm BT Sport 2

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

The handball rule is an absolute nonsense - West Ham's goal allowed to stand because erm....

Just came to post the same thing, didn’t just hit his hand, he basically deployed a classic volleyball shot to set up the goal.

Literally just make it up as they go along and can continue doing so because the only time a poor refereeing decision makes any kind of headlines is when it happens to one of the ‘big 6’

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The handball rule is an absolute nonsense - West Ham's goal allowed to stand because erm....

It's what they get for trying to make the rules completely objective when stuff like handball will always have a degree of subjectivity to it.

The excuse will be it didn't unnaturally enlargen his body therefore not handball despite the clear action to knock the ball up.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

It's what they get for trying to make the rules completely objective when stuff like handball will always have a degree of subjectivity to it.

The excuse will be it didn't unnaturally enlargen his body therefore not handball despite the clear action to knock the ball up.

Exactly that, his arms are not making his body unnaturally bigger or outside of the silhouette of his body which is the wording from 3 years ago

2 years ago if it was in the build up to a goal it didn't matter

This year its unnaturally bigger, distance, speed etc don't matter

The problem is right there....theyve changed the rule 3 or 4 times in the last 3 or 4 years and no one has a clue what's going on anymore

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Exactly that, his arms are not making his body unnaturally bigger or outside of the silhouette of his body which is the wording from 3 years ago

2 years ago if it was in the build up to a goal it didn't matter

This year its unnaturally bigger, distance, speed etc don't matter

The problem is right there....theyve changed the rule 3 or 4 times in the last 3 or 4 years and no one has a clue what's going on anymore

But if the ball had hit his midriff it would have gone dead, he volleyed the ball back up in the air with the motion of his arms.

I dunno, as had been said, they’ve made it so frickin confusing who knows what is or isn’t handball any longer.

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

But if the ball had hit his midriff it would have gone dead, he volleyed the ball back up in the air with the motion of his arms.

I dunno, as had been said, they’ve made it so frickin confusing who knows what is or isn’t handball any longer.

What we DO know is that if it hits a Villa player on the arm/hand at ANY time, it's a free kick/penalty.

• Like 2

I'm fairly happy that stands. We can't have it both ways, the arms are outstretched but deemed natural to fans an the ref gives a pen, like Cash has had happened twice. This guy has his arms by his stomach and fans want handball? It's not deliberate, he's not moved his arm towards the ball and his arms aren't in an unnatural position. If he scored directly from it it's getting ruled out but he didn't. 

Edited by AndyM3000

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

That's the current rule 🤷‍♂️ or at least my current understanding of it

This guy doesn't make his body bigger, no handball

Matt cash did, handball

You can argue that the west ham player has far more control over what he's doing but PGMOL gonna PGMOL

• Like 1

Just shows the rules make no sense. You can volleyball pass it to someone but because you didn’t score it’s ok, but you can’t  have the ball smashed at you from a metre away and slide to block it 

Man City have been the worst I think i've seen them play under Pep tonight. Really poor performance. Dortmund should be a couple up. 

They don't looks so good when KDB isn't playing. 

Edited by PieFacE

Â