Match Thread: Villa v Brentford

limpid

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Yep. Suggesting this squad isn’t capable of, say, a top half finish is absolute nonsense. 

We have good players. They were being managed by a shit manager that they clearly didn’t like. I’m starting to think he lost the dressing room months ago

He clearly lost the dressing room at minimum when he stripped mings of the captaincy. He's a well liked player who has basically been our best player since we've been promoted bar Grealish. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

You’d wonder how much input Danks had under Gerrard. In 2 days, drops McGinn and Ramsey. Plays Bailey where he should be playing and ollie on the right. If Danks could see this for ages and voiced it to Gerrard and was ignored - that’s shameful. 

💯 

For me purslow just say he has learned alot from the previous appointment and is determined to get correct man in.

The obsession with inverted players that he had did my head in. Cannot get a stream but from what i have heard we are playing quicker and getting that extra 2 seconds due to not having to cut back onto their stronger foot constantly. Midfielders playing as midfielders rather than covering high pressing full backs.