Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

4 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

So it is an Catalonian source and Pochettino lived for a long time there. It is happening?

I’m 99% sure it’s BS, but it’s got my hopes up again…I guess we’ll hear something soon if there’s any truth to it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

So it is an Catalonian source and Pochettino lived for a long time there. It is happening?

It sounds like the are regurgitating the old stories that circulated. 

• Like 1

I don't really care that Leicester fans are fed up of Rodgers or that he's a bit of a silly character, his credentials as a good coach speak for themselves. He wouldn't be the most exciting appointment but I wouldn't turn my nose up at him at all, just seems that things have gone stale at Leicester for a number of reasons and a fresh challenge is needed for all involved. Villa could do much worse.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

It would also be as bad an appointment as Gerrard was. Martinez is a clown. 

Yep. If you think we couldn't defend under Gerrard then buckle up for a Martinez masterclass. Same goes for Rodgers.

• Like 1

Genuine question to those who want Rodgers. What makes you think we'll get the Rodgers who was historically successful, and not the Rodgers who is imploding at Leicester? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Genuine question to those who want Rodgers. What makes you think we'll get the Rodgers who was historically successful, and not the Rodgers who is imploding at Leicester? 

The man's passion is gone. He clearly has no drive to stay on top of the game, and he just looks like man ready to use the nepotistic league that seems hellbent on keeping the same old dross in the money for as long as possible. 

• Like 1

Rodgers has just lost his mojo at Leicester, he's pissed they have also turned the taps off and couldn't bring in any new players he wanted 

He needs a new project, I personally think he would do well here and certainly has more experience than our recent trainees.

5 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I don't necessarily want him more than all other options, just wouldn't mind him as an appointment.

He's had far more good seasons than bad, the worst being this season which is a culmination of several seasons of Leicester either hemorrhaging their best players or others like Vardy and Evans aging, without being adequately replaced. Most people predicted them to have a difficult season after the summer window they had, so it's not exactly a huge shock that they're struggling and I don't think it suddenly defines his level as a coach.

Rodgers hasn't got that edge. As soon as Leicester came up against Roma and Mourinho in the EL for example - you just knew they were going out.

No thanks to that one. Would be a huge anti climax. Give me Amorim over him any day.

Edited by Tom13

13 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Because their squad needs freshening up but their owners refusing to listen and invest. 

Also managerial cycles don't last more than 3 years in the modern game. Sometimes a manager just needs a change just like players. 

You don't become a shit manager overnight. 

• Like 1

In Rodgers three full seasons at Leicester they have finished 5th/5th/8th. Won the FA Cup with them in 2021. That is some record. No doubt there has been a steady drop off over the last 14 months but that has coincided with Leicester tightening their belts, their better players being sold and a number of their players aging.

He is still relatively young in managerial terms at 49 but has plenty of experience in the Premier League and at big clubs, Liverpool and Celtic, with big expectations. Plays a decent brand of football. I think he ticks a lot of boxes for us and I think he is gettable. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Thanks 1