Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

1 minute ago, AvonVillain said:

So, is Amorim more or less or the same amount of risk as SG? (I would be grateful if the word 'ceiling' doesn't crop up!)

I would say solely based on the magnitude of his achievements on paper, less, although there is still quite a significant risk, more so than Emery, who has managed in the Prem before, and is more of a known quantity. 

• Like 1

Can this Amorim guy coach players? Because that is what we need.

Think coach first manager second.

If this is another "manager" who doesn't coach and it's another Gerrard/Beale situation I am not interested.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

Can this Amorim guy coach players? Because that is what we need.

Think coach first manager second.

If this is another "manager" who doesn't coach and it's another Gerrard/Beale situation I am not interested.

We definitely need a coach.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

I would say solely based on the magnitude of his achievements on paper, less, although there is still quite a significant risk, more so than Emery, who has managed in the Prem before, and is more of a known quantity. 

I wonder if that unknown quality and in truth 'foreignness' makes Amorim seem more exciting than SG? The risk seems about equal perhaps, but somehow almost worth it...

The key element of the next manager will be to rebuild the fractured relationship Deano built between team, fans and owners.  You only have to look at the comments on here to see that is broken.

I like the sound of the Amorin as he sounds like Ten Haag, has an expectation and way of playing, won’t compromise on that and will rebuild the culture, confidence and direction.  He also has shown the ability to tap into the youth, again, part of the clubs strategy.

I think he sounds ideal, if not him, another “force of nature” type person who will drag the club by its bootstraps back to where it needs to be

• Like 1

It says on Amorim’s wiki bio that when he became a coach he did a course in psychomotor education, which is (according to wiki):

Psychomotor therapy is a pedagogic and therapeuticapproach, the aim of which is to support and aid an individual’s personal development. It is based on a holisticview of human beings that considers each individual as a unity of physical, emotional and cognitive actualities, which interact with each other and the surrounding social environment.

It suggests his communication skills and player development skills are slightly more advanced than Stevie’s ‘everyone must look me in the eye’ approach.

Communication and unlocking players’ potential is such a key part of being a modern manager I thought this was quite an interesting side note on him.

2 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Emery, for me, is the best overall option.

• Ridiculously experienced for his age (925 games managed) 
  • Has managed in multiple top leagues as well as in the Prem
  • Largely very successful (averaging over 53% wins and won a fair few trophies)
  • Motivated. Moving from Villarreal to Villa would be an acceptable step, so wouldn't feel like he's going backwards (a la Pochettino) just for a big payday. 

Amorim looks to have a hell of a ceiling and could well be one of the next best managers out there, so this could the only chance we have of getting someone of that ilk (as already mentioned) but I'm not a big risk-taker. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, macandally said:

The key element of the next manager will be to rebuild the fractured relationship Deano built between team, fans and owners.  You only have to look at the comments on here to see that is broken.

I think this could be why they go for Almorin.

Personally be happy with him or Emery

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

We've said so many times over the years. The squad is fine because it has more expensive or experienced players.

A squad is more than just having better calibre players.

This squad is definitely bottom 6 due to lack of cohesion, unity , leaders , work ethic and bollocks.

Mcginn is our captain ffs and then what else? A stripped of all leadership Mings and a goalkeeper and a 37 year old who realistically shouldn't play.

Too many players on big money, on the slide or just not hungry.  It's a poor poor squad.

You’re viewing all this through the prism of said squad being managed by Steven Gerrard, and a brief period when Dean Smith was integrating a load of new signings.

What is the relevance of McGinn to the squad quality? He’s only captain & playing regularly because of Gerrard.

The squad is good.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

We definitely need a coach.

Was watching all or nothing and Arteta seem to have a bit of everything. He can set up extremely good sessions but is also class in man management, pre and in game tactics and is able to build a clear style of play and culture.

This is where football is heading. The so called "man managers" (Bruce, Gerrard) is dated.

We as a club need to move on with the times.

Just now, PeterSw said:

Would be excited.

If we could get a hungry and motivated Rodgers we'll be in good shape. He will at the very least stabilize us and a huge step up from Gerrard.