Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Could be why Edens was in Rome last week.  No World Cup for Italy, maybe he tried to convince him.  I could see him standing on the touchline with a claret and blue scarf this winter.

If I think it enough.. may be it will happen! 😀 

43 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

I think there was always a risk in getting our heads in the clouds thinking about Poch and Tuchel. Anyone else looks amateur compared to those, but this is the market we’re shopping in. 

We can go experienced - your Dyches, Rodgers and perhaps AVBs of the world - or we go ‘up and coming’. 

To a certain degree ‘up and coming’ is what we’ve gone for in recent years. It worked with Deano. It didn’t work with Gerrard, but can we say he was employed as an ‘up and comer’, or rather a ‘mate of Purslow’?

Look at those names. Pochettino, came into this league via Southampton taking a punt on an ‘up and comer’. Why can’t we find one?

Nothing is a given though. Watford can attest to that! 

If we’re going ‘big’ and experienced’ but realistic, I’ve made no secret about my love for Emery. But I’d also be happy with AVB. 

I am never ITK about Aston Villa, except this time i do know it will not be AVB

11 minutes ago, catanzaro said:

I want Roberto Mancini.. lets get some sartorial elegance as well as top drawer management 

He'll fit right in in Birmingham. 

image.jpeg.82978abe8c39938635ac85f22deb7326.jpeg

That's a picture taken in the Arcadian on a Friday night

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As with everything else, everybody won't be happy, no matter who it turns out to be.

I'd settle for that over no one being happy with the appointment. 

• Like 1

Hard pass for me on AVB. Bit of ‘Abramovich’s New Clothes’ about him getting the Chelsea job when he did. Not unlike Gerrard getting the Villa job.

Mancini would work for me. Would definitely signal that assurances have been made regarding transfer funds.

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As with everything else, everybody won't be happy, no matter who it turns out to be.

Totally, the people convinced Pochettino is a possibility, who have Tuchel as second choice and say Emery third will be disappointed I bet. I mean we'd all love a big name top class coach but is that really where we're at now?

3 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Hard pass for me on AVB. Bit of ‘Abramovich’s New Clothes’ about him getting the Chelsea job when he did. Not unlike Gerrard getting the Villa job.

Mancini would work for me. Would definitely signal that assurances have been made regarding transfer funds.

again, i can assure you all its not AVB

I have to say Roberto Mancini is gorgeous and stylish he’d definitely make me leave the missus if he ever fancies a slightly tubby 41 year old bald bloke from Walsall. Yam Get me?

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

Totally, the people convinced Pochettino is a possibility, who have Tuchel as second choice and say Emery third will be disappointed I bet. I mean we'd all love a big name top class coach but is that really where we're at now?

Well its already been reported all over the media that Poch and Tuchel have said no.   

• Like 1