Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Okay i'm going to be the person to put it out there, and it may come across quite ignorant but this Ruben Amorim fella has a feeling of Remi Garde about it. I could be a million miles off it with that statement, but that's the vibes i'm getting. 

People have already put it out there in this thread. Agree about the ignorant part.

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

People have already put it out there in this thread. Agree about the ignorant part.

Don't worry, he was taking the piss out of me. 

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Gallardo?

Said he would leave River Plate in December, Juve apparently thinking he might be a good replacement for Allegri. Agnelli has said that Allegri will stay to the end of the season, Gallardo will leave in December and wants 6 months off, which is just the right time to pick up a job in Europe in June.

• Like 2

Unfortunately don't see us getting a big name. I don't even think I want that much. After a decade of largely woeful managers. I'm quite envious of managers like Vieira, Frank, Marsch etc. Not necessarily world beaters, just competent managers.

I just want a manager who:

1) trains the team into an actual shape and style

2) is at least partially reactive to changes made by opposition managers/teams

3) ideally plays reasonably attractive football

Is that too much to ask? Surely there's someone in Europe we can get who can do that? 

• Like 1

I would have really liked Pochettino, but a large part of that is fuelled by being able to attract someone of that calibre and the statement of intent it would show. As opposed to whether he would actually be the right choice. He might be, but don’t know.

As long as they gets us clear of danger for this season and has us in the relative safety of midtable this time next year, I’ll be content with whoever.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

Unfortunately don't see us getting a big name. I don't even think I want that much. After a decade of largely woeful managers. I'm quite envious of managers like Vieira, Frank, Marsch etc. Not necessarily world beaters, just competent managers.

Is that too much to ask? Surely there's someone in Europe we can get who can do that? 

Dean Smith?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

I think both you and @TRO have a point here. There are definitely arguments for and question marks. 

I'd add that Brentford know their stuff when it comes to appointments and seem to recruit well, plus Frank has coped with the tests of the Prem so far. He's not got a lot of experience in the league, but he know what it's about. 

I think he'd be a solid appointment - maybe not the glamour one we all want, but we might not be at the point where we can make that one yet. 

I am not particularly, looking for a glamour appointment......I think a pragmatic one might be more beneficial to where we are and what, fires we have to put out.

I think where you are spot on.....Frank morphed Brentford, from a pretty on the eye, championship bridesmaid.....to a robust ,durable, consistent, performance outfit.....Brentford used to be a bit of an in and out,team,  great some days (usually against us) and easy to play against other days......Not any more......They are hard to play against, and a determined bunch of players, playing as a unit, and a clear idea of what they are doing.

Thomas Frank has them playing in a manner, that from game to game, you know what your going to get.....no more, pushovers.

Whether he could do that some where else, I don't know.

I see a change in the profile of his personnel, which has changed their style.....How much that is, his doing, or backroom staff, I am equally, unsure.

Just now, bobzy said:

What’s he said? I’ve missed it all. 

In terms of our manager, he said that

- Poch said no ages ago

- Frank and Emery are the favourites

- Then later tweeted that Frank is a no go as he's signed a new contract 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

What’s he said? I’ve missed it all. 

called the kamara deal before media

said sarr deal was off before anyone else

said poch turned us down like a week ago

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

Stuart Greenhouse?😃