Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

4 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I remember the exact same question being asked when we appointed DS. We were promoted the same year. 

I think both you and @TRO have a point here. There are definitely arguments for and question marks. 

I'd add that Brentford know their stuff when it comes to appointments and seem to recruit well, plus Frank has coped with the tests of the Prem so far. He's not got a lot of experience in the league, but he know what it's about. 

I think he'd be a solid appointment - maybe not the glamour one we all want, but we might not be at the point where we can make that one yet. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

A decent insight. I’ll say this - an element of Villa supporters who will be frantically searching out these tactic videos that young fellas put together on YouTube of the sporting coach, Jaissle etc. They’ve managed at a level that’s light years from the PL. Turn your nose up at Dyche all you want. Guarantee you we’d have a very happy dressing room with no cliques or factions. He’s a bloody good PL manager. Can’t piss on that fact. 

It could be a happy dressing room, but not until the players who signed on for something very different have left and been replaced.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

If it's Dyche then it'll rid me of any faith I had left of the people running this club.

It would be a joke of an appointment

But you’ll get behind a bloke from sporting in a 3 team league or a bloke from Salzburg in a one team league !!! Have we not seen that film before ?

Can we not appoint a manager that adores McGinn this time???

Guess that further rules out Rodgers for me (though I’d settle for him if we’re really struggling to attract better options, at least he can coach and has won things)… I don’t want a British manager…largely overrated and out of their depth…

We need style… and the ability to PASS THE BALL.

Just now, HKP90 said:

I remember the exact same question being asked when we appointed DS. We were promoted the same year. 

I don't want to go in to a monolgue....That was great , as was the Cup Final.....but how did it end?

He is no longer, with us, for a reason, and he failed to win games above 40%, so his time like many other managers was inconsistent.......we all have a view, I am just offering an alternative one.

Some would say, with the personnel of Tammy, Terry, and Jack, a monkey, would have done that, They were better players than we have now, and still, just got over the line, with a freak show, from a substitute Goalkeeper.

Look, I am not rubbishing Dean, He was a good guy, and did us proud, but like SG I think he was let down.....did Dean do better, than SG of course he did.....but still let down, IMO.

If some of these players, continue, to dish up turgid, displays for the new guy, I would have them gone, in a jiffy.

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

But you’ll get behind a bloke from sporting in a 3 team league or a bloke from Salzburg in a one team league !!! Have we not seen that film before ?

But the bloke from Sporting or the bloke from Salzburg do it regularly in the Champions League. Slippy didn't

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Telegraph also linking us with the Sporting boss Amorim 

"amorim's claret n blue army"

yep it fits...he'll do

"steven gerrard's claret n blue army" just never really sounded right

"pochettino's claret n blue army" rolls off the tongue perfectly but unfortunately doesn't seem like it's happening

14 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Maybe the ideal time to make that statement was when SG was appointed. Now we’re in a less fortunate place with an increased wage bill and it’s possible we can’t spend as much going forward.

We've improved our squad although stood still in terms of progress - I'd say the opportunity here is better than 12 months ago.