Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

33 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Sounds like Sawiris is handling this appointment himself now.  Emery could well be the main target with some of the rumors last week of him meeting with Sawiris alone in Spain.  I would love him here...  Very very underrated manager and for some reason isn't seen as "elite" in England, even though he has this CV:

• Won 4 Europa League titles  (Sevilla 2014, 2015, & 2016, Villareal 2021) and lost another Europa League Final (Arsenal 2019)
  • Won the French League once and both French cups twice with PSG, where he was poached by Arsenal
  • 70 Million pound net spend at Arsenal and managed a 70 point total (which Arteta is yet to match with more money and only 1 game/week) with 2 points off 3rd
  • Took Arsenal to their first European final in 15 years
  • Is only 50 and in the prime of his coaching career

My choice too

4 minutes ago, penguin said:

I think people are giving this “Lyric” bloke far too much credit. 

Poch not wanting the job is hardly a Nostradamus esque prediction. 

He's gotten like 5 or more other things correctly before anyone else.

None of this is based on just Poch.

However, he spoke about SG being in danger and the Club looking at Poch months ago.

Spoke of us trying to have talks etc, and more recently came out and said Poch declined, before media even started reporting of any sort of interest. Lol

Spoke about interest in Frank and Emery way in advance also.

We can't only believe an " ITK " when they say things we want to hear.

He's gotten too many things right, too early to be on a wind up.

People started believing him due to a track record.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Thanks 1

It was always going to be a long shot that we would be able to get Pochettino or Tuchel, not really the end of the world if they turn us down, they're not they only decent managers, it's not as if because we can't get Pochettino then it suddenly means we go straight to someone like Dyche, there are plenty of other top managers we can go for.

• Like 3

A few Twitter accounts suggesting it will be Emery. 

Hopefully whatever happens its quick, any grown up manager can only be an improvement on Gerrard. Purslow now under pressure to get it right, the debacle has set us back 2 years and £m's.

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Did Amorim simply turn down Wolves? I know he was linked with them before.

€20m release clause might have been a factor in them going for him. I think if it is him then big Nas and Wes have said sod it pay whatever we need to.