Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

So because they have announced that Danks is in charge against Brentford, that obviously means there isn’t anyone close to coming in - maybe they want the weekend to consider it..

Do we think someone will be in before the WC, or after? 

Edited by Tayls
Typos!

4 minutes ago, Tayls said:

So because they have announced they Danks is on charge against Brentford, they obviously means there isn’t anyone close to coming in - maybe they want the weekend to consider it..

Already found - no other reason we stuck with slippy this long

3 minutes ago, Tayls said:

So because they have announced they Danks is on charge against Brentford, they obviously means there isn’t anyone close to coming in - maybe they want the weekend to consider it..

There is no way someone would be in charge for Brentford even if they have someone lined up, it's too soon. 

Best case scenario is Danks in charge for Sunday and new manager announced on Monday

Worst case Danks in charge for foreseeable, and nobody lined up

Just now, duke313 said:

There is no way someone would be in charge for Brentford even if they have someone lined up, it's too soon. 

Best case scenario is Danks in charge for Sunday and new manager announced on Monday

Worst case Danks in charge for foreseeable, and nobody lined up

Honestly - how can they have witnessed what we have all witnessed for months - AND not have someone lined up? 

I don't even k ow who this Dank dude is, but it sounds very weird to toss Gerrard and co out and leave it to him without having at least made some real progress on a replacement. 

Really hope it's not Beale and don't think it will be.

Far too inexperienced and we could do with a fresh approach rather than bringing him back in.

Emery or Poch I'd be delighted with.

I'd lean slightly towards Emery myself because there's probably less chance of losing him within a year if things are going well.

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Honestly - how can they have witnessed what we have all witnessed for months - AND not have someone lined up? 

Might have had someone lined up, and after that showing last night balked at it. I know I did. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jareth said:

Already found - no other reason we stuck with slippy this long

I would hope so. The only logical explanation for sticking with Gerrard for so long when the writing has been on the wall for weeks (if not months) is lining things up in the background. Maybe they were hoping to wait until the world cup to give the new guy time and space to sort the squad out (how many of our players will be at the WC?) but things got so bad they had to act? Who knows. It does seem odd to sack him at 11pm at night immediately after a game - although on the bright side it implies that the owners are absolutely furious at the lack of progress - so that bodes well I think.

Just now, alreadyexists said:

Although the does look like a photocopier sales rep from 1997… I bet he drives a K reg 3 series

At least we'd be on Athletico Mince every week. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Poch 《 tuchel 《 emery in that order

Mancini is another i like

No more **** gambles. No more bloody managers from scotland either. If they even contemplate looking at celtic manager im gonna lose my shit

Agreed, but that shout for the Celtic manager, he's a bit of an Australian Dyche.....;) image.jpeg.1ab445c04cb48ab9266f4044f6ada6ad.jpeg image.jpeg.1c5c8b0fbfb7eb0f3167a341d6fa79e0.jpeg

Edited by John

1 minute ago, TheStagMan said:

I would hope so. The only logical explanation for sticking with Gerrard for so long when the writing has been on the wall for weeks (if not months) is lining things up in the background. Maybe they were hoping to wait until the world cup to give the new guy time and space to sort the squad out (how many of our players will be at the WC?) but things got so bad they had to act? Who knows. It does seem odd to sack him at 11pm at night immediately after a game - although on the bright side it implies that the owners are absolutely furious at the lack of progress - so that bodes well I think.

hard agree - loving the 11pm sacking - shows they care

I think Thomas Frank has done a great job at Brentford but I’d worry about him at Villa. I think we need a big name, someone at the Poch, Tuchel, Emrey level to come in and take us forward. I don’t think we can afford another gamble manager. 

• Like 1

Genuine question - what's Danks done to upset everyone? I thought he was highly rated (they all are, they all are). Anyway, they might've just stated that he'll be the manager on Sunday because that's the current situation...

Surprised that Critchley has gone already but then it seems like he wasn't as effective as Beale so probably no big loss.

I would've loved to see Deep Cutts get the game.