Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

Wouldn’t mind Lopetegui. Elite coach. You lose your two centre halves in Carlos and Kounde - arguably the 2 best in Europe last season , and the wheels come falling off . Wow. Shocking. He did say no to Wolves due to personal circumstances but that might change. 

Just now, imavillan said:

where does it say that?

I would be leaning more towards there will be someone incoming pretty quickly and perhaps even before Sunday.

Confirmed on official statement.  Brentford are going to rip us apart.

• Thanks 1

Just now, bobzy said:

They aren’t correct (and laying Poch at that price would be great value tbh).

This place will update all the time:

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/aston-villa/next-permanent-manager

i thought that...shame manager odds aren't available on the exchanges

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I think there must be someone incoming imminently otherwise why not keep an assistant as an interim coach?

My assumption would be they can be severed on the cheap when daddy gets the boot. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

it's a nice situation to be in. i'd be quite happy with like 7 of the 11 guys on this list (i wouldn't want ralf, parker, gerrard or bielsa)

Gerrard?

Just now, stewiek2 said:

When we sacked Smith, Purslow said they'd update supporters in due course, this time it's as soon as possible. Says to me we've already got our man and letting the Gerrard dust to settle.

You got all that from that ? 🤔

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Confirmed on official statement.  Brentford are going to rip us apart.

cheers.....

you never know, there might well be a reaction from the players. A sense of relief now Gerrard's gone and the shackles have been released.

2 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

When we sacked Smith, Purslow said they'd update supporters in due course, this time it's as soon as possible. Says to me we've already got our man and letting the Gerrard dust to settle.

I would say it's the reverse, as soon as possible to me says they havn't a clue who it will be.  we announced Gerrard 4 days after Smith departure.

28 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Most important is that he can get an immediate tune out the players currently here.  We are in trouble (Again)

Nope. No short term fixes. If Gerrard got us out of a similar situation last season, we don't need to panic yet.

2 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

The fact they have also got rid of Critchely I think they may have someone lined up to take over from Slippy 

👀

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Emery makes most sense to me I think. 

I think he bored the Arsenal players to death with tedious and hourly long "tactic meetings".  Does not speak English very well (admittedly SG does not either...). Surely a proven coach but I am not convinced... 

3 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

The fact they have also got rid of Critchely I think they may have someone lined up to take over from Slippy 

Critchley was never staying. If his role and influence was anything like Beale's was meant to be, then if Gerrard went he'd have to as well.