Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

I hate to say it, but I kinda agree with @messi11.  Only way Gerrard is getting sacked is if we lose games.  Purlsow will not sack his man if he is scrapping out 1-0 wins or 0-0s.

I want to see us win and do well, but at the same time I want Gerrard gone.  It's a double edged sword.  

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I hate to say it, but I kinda agree with @messi11Only way Gerrard is getting sacked is if we lose games.  Purlsow will not sack his man if he is scrapping out 1-0 wins or 0-0s.

I want to see us win and do well, but at the same time I want Gerrard gone.  It's a double edged sword.  

On the money. Give me short term pain over long term pain. I think a loss to Forrest is enough to get him gone! 
A draw to Forest just makes it a long painful sacking. Just get it over with! 

Guys calling me troll just because they don't agree with me for wanting Forest to win are the same guys who want Gerrard out. 🤣 Make your minds up. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Yeah, wanting us to lose at this stage isn't that extreme is it? If it meant Gerrard was to go, one game of misery, rather than many more months of draining, dire football.

No brainer.

We're so bad under Gerrard we're going to go on a losing run at some point. There's really no need to wish it to happen, because it will happen. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

With his results it amazes me that he is still here.

I'm really concerned at the ineptitude of our board at the moment. 

He's clearly not ready / learning on the job. It's not going to change anytime soon. Just sack him, get it over and done with and get in a proper manager. I don't understand why we are waiting any longer for the inevitable? If we draw or eek a result out against Forest, then it will be Fulham or Brentford at home. 

Thats quite close to the way I see it as well.The only difference is that the owners apparently want a top 5/6 finish,the staff all know that.What I dont get is why cant they see ( all of them ) that SG will not achieve that. 

3 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Thats quite close to the way I see it as well.The only difference is that the owners apparently want a top 5/6 finish,the staff all know that.What I dont get is why cant they see ( all of them ) that SG will not achieve that. 

I think Purslow confirming we have a sell to buy policy now all but confirms expectations may have been lowered slightly.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Each to their own, but will never willingly want us to lose a match to sack a manager we don’t need. 

Steven’s perfectly capable of doing that himself 😉 

yeah id never want us to lose

but i am firmly in the territory of not wanting an unlucky 1-0 defeat, forest arent going to stick 3 or 4 past us and get gerrard the boot, it'll be a scrappy poor 1 goal loss which won't see him sacked so i dont see the point in that 

thats an issue with gerrard, he's got us tight enough at the back that i dont see anyone putting a knee jerk scoreline past us, he'll be here for a while yet, he'll blag enough points in the next 4 games, we're about to go on a run of 5 points that we should all be happy with...

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I think Purslow confirming we have a sell to buy policy now all but confirms expectations may have been lowered slightly.

yeah the owners wanted a top 6 finish around the time season tickets went up in price

i wouldnt listen to anything coming out of the club in that regard, purslow, manager or players, its all guff for the social media account which villa fans should know by now cant be trusted

Honestly i don’t believe Gerrard is a terrible manager but he is not a good one either ( AT THIS CURRENT MOMENT IN TIME) I appreciate him taking the role and stating his intentions with the club however im quite confident that he does not have what it takes to improve us in the way we are hoping for.

With that being said i am in favour of him being removed from his post over the next couple weeks and allowing a German fella named Thomas Tuchel to step in and take the reign… allow tuchel and the guys he brings in to recruit the players he wants and not lange and his smurfs because that has not done us any favours

Tuchel will basically start again after the world cup into the new year when the window opens to allow probably two more additions of his choosing and reshaping to then start again in the summer. Tuchel is much more geared up and should have us in better shape he would be better here then dealing with the high pressures at chelsea, there will be pressure with us no doubt but not to the level of stamford bridge.

Tuchel would instantly get us a new forward and stop playing mcginn 

Poch i cant see coming here but I’ll happily take him too.

29 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Honestly i don’t believe Gerrard is a terrible manager but he is not a good one either ( AT THIS CURRENT MOMENT IN TIME) I appreciate him taking the role and stating his intentions with the club however im quite confident that he does not have what it takes to improve us in the way we are hoping for.

With that being said i am in favour of him being removed from his post over the next couple weeks and allowing a German fella named Thomas Tuchel to step in and take the reign… allow tuchel and the guys he brings in to recruit the players he wants and not lange and his smurfs because that has not done us any favours

Tuchel will basically start again after the world cup into the new year when the window opens to allow probably two more additions of his choosing and reshaping to then start again in the summer. Tuchel is much more geared up and should have us in better shape he would be better here then dealing with the high pressures at chelsea, there will be pressure with us no doubt but not to the level of stamford bridge.

Tuchel would instantly get us a new forward and stop playing mcginn 

Poch i cant see coming here but I’ll happily take him too.

Apparently, Tuchel was offered the Bayer Leverkusen job but declined it.  I personally can't see him joining us, he will wait, and jobs like Atletico, Juve, Inter etc. will become available.