Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

5 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Lucien Favre if we could get him 

He just signed for Nice who have given him a squad of old players or Premier League rejects Barkley, Ramsey, Pepe, Schmeichel and bizarrely Joe Bryan

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Is there a section on looking the manager in the eye?

Well, in a way I suppose the answer is yes in the sense that German coaching philosophy also deals with the human aspects of being both a coach and a footballer and the relationship between those two roles. Hence the name of the book I suppose. 

• Like 1

On 12/09/2022 at 12:04, foreveryoung said:

A phone call should definitely go in to Poch. Most media reporting his stock is low at the moment, an so for me, Villa could be that 'special' project to help him build it back up. Just can't see him staying if he does well here, but I guess that's the same for many managers who have success.

Really beginning to think he could be the ideal man, hope Purslow thinks the same.

Pochettino's managerial record is governing our perception by the last 2 clubs.....where its clear he has had elite players.....57% win percentage, combined.

In his 2 previous clubs, Espanyol and Southampton his win percentage is somewhat reduced to an average of 34% as opposed to the above 57% average at PSG & Spurs which is quite a disparity.

My caveat is, these figures, lean heavily on having the better players.

Do we really know, what we would be getting, if such a move happened?

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Won nothing. 

Bit of a nihilist, so I hear.

This would be a common but misinformed interpretation. To the degree that it shows either a lack of depth in understanding Nietzsche's approach due to an inability to fathom how and why it serves to be that way inclined, or as a consequence of not delving into the explanations enough to see what they are about at their core.

Mods: forgive the off-topic response, however I would so welcome a manager or coach to come in with the philosophical insights that so many of the best coaches have, even if they do not promote or speak readily of it. Even certain training methodologies that develop a better athlete, are founded on a way of approaching the task at hand, which involves using one's immaterial qualities to hone and make any practical steps have purpose.

Amor Fati, as Nietzsche embodied, is a way of accepting that which cannot be changed that is external to one's influence, and focusing on the inner dialogue which interprets and shapes one's understanding of these events, which is within grasp of the individual. Through that internal dialogue we develop the change within ourselves, which may then have scope to give us a greater influence in undertakings that may once have been out of reach.

I'm probably butchering that left, right and centre. However it's a great outlook when represented well.

Edited by A'Villan
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

This would be a common but misinformed interpretation. To the degree that it shows either a lack of depth in understanding Nietzsche's approach due to an inability to fathom how and why it serves to be that way inclined, or as a consequence of not delving into the explanations enough to see what they are about at their core.

Mods: forgive the off-topic response, however I would so welcome a manager or coach to come in with the philosophical insights that so many of the best coaches have, even if they do not promote or speak readily of it. Even certain training methodologies that develop a better athlete, are founded on a way of approaching the task at hand, which involves using one's immaterial qualities to hone and make any practical steps have purpose.

Amor Fati, as Nietzsche embodied, is a way of accepting that which cannot be changed that is external to one's influence, and focusing on the inner dialogue which interprets and shapes one's understanding of these events, which is within grasp of the individual. Through that internal dialogue we develop the change within ourselves, which may then have scope to give us a greater influence in undertakings that may once seemed out of reach.

Yeah but what was his win percentage at Leipzig? Only tell me if it supports my theory that he’s not a great manager.

• Thanks 1