Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Roberto Di Matteo had a 57% win ratio a Chelsea and also won the CL 🤷‍♂️

Not saying Tuchel is as bad a coach as Di Matteo, but win % aren't a good judge of how good a manager is. 

I agree, no single factor is a good judge of how good the manager is. There are so many other things to consider

13 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Roberto Di Matteo had a 57% win ratio a Chelsea and also won the CL 🤷‍♂️

Not saying Tuchel is as bad a coach as Di Matteo, but win % aren't a good judge of how good a manager is. 

Did he?

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

There’s only one guy for me…

Dream appointment, perfect fit 🇦🇷

spacer.png

The thing that excites me most about Poch is that every time I assess his potential appointment I always come to the same conclusion: better football, Villa moving higher up the league and building a strong foundation for the future. I can't find any negative with his appointment

• Like 4

With Potter gone to chelsea, we need to act and get pochettino in before the likes of Sevilla make an approach, as no doubt it’ll be a loss sat against a v.poor Leicester side with the usual faces starting, thus people who said we should give him a chance after the city game will again be in the out camp

Edited by rbcuk

I don’t think Potter will exceed at Chelsea due to the fact the expectation is to win everything. He could have them playing good football but if he doesn’t win anything he’s out. Completely different expectations to Brighton. 

If he came to Villa we just wanted top half! He chose the wrong job, should have waited :)

Anyway he’s gone now. Will be fascinating to see how he does and also what happens to Brighton now.

Of course Poch would be an exciting appointment but I just can’t see that happening either. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think Potter will exceed at Chelsea due to the fact the expectation is to win everything. He could have them playing good football but if he doesn’t win anything he’s out. Completely different expectations to Brighton. 

If he came to Villa we just wanted top half! He chose the wrong job, should have waited :)

Anyway he’s gone now. Will be fascinating to see how he does and also what happens to Brighton now.

Of course Poch would be an exciting appointment but I just can’t see that happening either. 

Though if we keep Gerrard to Christmas, then Potter might be back on the market by then 😜

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Poch is a big name aswell to help get other players through the door. 

Poch would be a massive statement signing. One way to judge how a manager would be perceived is to look at a Baggies or SHA forum. They think we are delusional to suggest Poch as our manager, that's because the fear we could actually pull it off as it would increase the already huge gap between us and our Sunday league neighbours

Edited by Peter Griffin
Fixed a typo
  • Like 1

Aston Villa got shown up a year ago appointing a manager at a similar time to one of our rivals. While Newcastle go from strength to strength under Howe we continue to waste time and tens of millions with Gerrard waiting for his payoff.

Dearly hope we aren't shown up again this year. We'll be appointing a new manager within probably six weeks of both Brighton and Leicester. 

If we get it wrong again, Purslow and Lange have to go.

• Like 1