Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

2 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Why did I read that as Gerrard Butler...

THIS.... IS.... VILLAAAAAAAA!!!!

A hybrid version of Steven Gerrard and Craig Butler as Manager are the things of a parrallel universe nightmare.

With spliced versions of McGinn and Bailey in all 11 positions.

• Haha 3

Personally think Postecoglou would be excellent for us. His football is great to watch and players who have played under him rave about him and his knowledge of the game.

Wouldn't be opposed to Rodgers either and we might have no compensation fee given the way things are going at Leicester 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I think we'll end up with Dyche. I don't think he'll be our first choice but I don't see a world where a manager like Poch comes to us with the mess we're in. 

Nah, he's nailed on for Bournemouth I think

25 minutes ago, dubliner said:

Personally think Postecoglou would be excellent for us. His football is great to watch and players who have played under him rave about him and his knowledge of the game.

Wouldn't be opposed to Rodgers either and we might have no compensation fee given the way things are going at Leicester 

Postecoglou is a better than Rodgers for me and would galvanise the club quicker. Maybe Jedinak can have a word.

Ange Postecoglou, Mile Jedinak, Australia v Honduras

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, dubliner said:

He'd say no to us as well right now.

He's going to win the title again with Celtic and is getting to have a stab at champions league with them.

Ride that for a few years then get a job at an established top half club like Brighton or Newcastle.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dale said:

Wonder if they'll bother to do signing pics with Gerrard? 

If they don’t then that’s a pretty strong sign that he’s out of the door soon IMO

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

geezer.jpg

I helped Geezer to move his Nan to a house not far from the Villa ground in a big old white van. Just thought I'd share that bit of nonsense with you guys.

Same age as me and a Villa fan through and through. He would probably have chinned SG by now if he still lived local.

Happy days. 

5 hours ago, dubliner said:

No more risks! Apart from celtic, he hasn't managed any big clubs. Even then doing well in Scottish football doesn't mean anything, as we have seen with the Slippy One. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

It's come to the point where I'm anyone but Gerrard.

Same...  Even Fat Sam, Tony Pulis, and Sean Dyche had gameplans that worked well with the budgets/teams they had.  Gerrard hasn't shown any sort of tactical nuance yet...  We looked best when he came in after Smith and just moved us back to 433 after playing Deano's 5 at the back system for the 5 defeats.  Since he's moved to this narrow 4312 bullshit we're getting worse and worse each week.  

• Like 1