Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

If potter bides his time and continues to do well he could probably get the England job when that Concorde nosed freak leaves the job. 
We are an attractive proposition in terms of perceived finances and club stature etc but the risk reward might not be there for potter right now.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I just want a manager who will never utter the phrase ‘we just needed that little creative spark in the final third’

What about one that uses the phrase "throwing subs at it to try to find that bit of quality to get back in the game" in his post-match interview?

Just now, sparrow1988 said:

What about one that uses the phrase "throwing subs at it to try to find that bit of quality to get back in the game" in his post-match interview?

I just want one that has a brain.

4 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

The use of "throw at it" when talking about subs is the gerrardism I hate the most. Those three words perfectly sums his whole approach to football management.

Also when he goes "thats on me" before going proceeding to throw the players under the bus

• Like 1

4 hours ago, duke313 said:

I have a feeling a lot of people on here are going to be disappointed with whatever manager replaces Gerrard.

It won’t be someone as shit as Parker, but also not someone as good as Pochettino.

I think we’ll probably end up with Rodgers, but wouldn’t be surprised if we went for someone like Sean Dyche.

another mate of purslow is rogers

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Suicidal.

Who else can we realistically get - poch and potter are not in reality.

It's a gamble for sure but he looks tactically much stronger than gerrard and he's  never had a squad as good as our to work with. Be intrigued what he could do.

I don't think it worth it but i dont think its a horrible thing to consider. 

Edited by LondonVillian

Just now, The Inspiration said:

My bad I always thought the default Brentford value was £30m. It’s been a while since we dealt with them

Nah, of energy prices have gone up so has Brentfords usual asking price ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stewiek2 said:

God forbid we have another Gerrard mini preseason when the world cup break comes.

No surprise there's talk of it being rotten at BHM with Gary Mac as assistant. It was the same when he was Houllier's assistant.

I can’t remember the circumstances or the players involved, but a friend of mine met a couple of the players at the time and they both said Gary Mac was hated by the players and that was the main problem during that time. 

IMHO.Instead of hiring a manager "that has NEVER been there" like SB,SG,DS.We need a manager that has been there and done that,someone that has actually taken a team into europe.How much money have the owners spent on players,severence pay and new managers over the last 4/5 years ? Surely it would be better ( and probably cheaper ) to hire a manager with a proven track record and support him in the transfer market etc,etc than to hire another 3 managers over 4/5 seasons that are all going to do the exact same as DS,SB,SG,etc etc etc