Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

While Gerrard is not in any imminent danger of being dismissed, despite his side's wretched start to the new season, he will know better than anyone that a manager whose side have just been jeered off at home by their own fans, just four games into a new campaign, does not have time on his side.

John Percy ~

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

That's rubbish though ain't it? He said he had interest in us and Blues equally. Not a passionate follower or anything.

He only had interest with Blues because he played for them. 

26 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Praise to the lord let this be true. Translated.

Aston Villa made initial contacts with representatives of Mauricio Pochettino. They want to discuss a possible deal if Gerrard leaves during the international break. Many clubs are looking to the Argentine. Villa wants to move quickly

Probably 99.9999999% nonsense but it would be very nice.

6 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Forget Potter. Moving clubs in the prem mid season just doesnt happen. its an unwritten rule f9r many a year. 

Didn't know 4 games is mid season. Did they change the season to a 8 game season?

Edited by messi11
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Praise to the lord let this be true. Translated.

Aston Villa made initial contacts with representatives of Mauricio Pochettino. They want to discuss a possible deal if Gerrard leaves during the international break. Many clubs are looking to the Argentine. Villa wants to move quickly

He claims to have a source close to Pochettino. 

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

He claims to have a source close to Pochettino. 

Rolando Pontos IS A FAKE TWITTER ACCOUNT!
He only been tweeting since the 14th Aug and most of them tweets are about Villa. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, useless said:

Telegraph are reporting that Gerrard's postion isn't under immediate threat, so I think people should guard against getting their hopes up that he's going to be fired within the next few days. Probably after the Man City game at the earliest, and even then I'm not sure it will be that soon. Club are probably working on a potential replacement already but that can take a while in the background, some summer transfers can take months of negotiations and I imagine it's the same for some managers. 📞

If we are well beaten Wednesday and Saturday, and unfortunately i suspect we will be - I think that’s that for him then. 

2 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Rolando Pontos IS A FAKE TWITTER ACCOUNT!
He only been tweeting since the 14th Aug and most of them tweets are about Villa. 

He’s the second most credible tweeter ever after @CarryOnVilla though he’s losing credibility because he hasn’t posted anything about Pochettino /Potter / Sampaoli/ Gallardo to Villa . 

Belief in the team and manager was sky high with a full preseason, but we look worse than Man Utd before they played Liverpool. It feels like Ole Gunnar Solskjaer had more tactical nouse than SG! 

Given the dross and cluelessness so far this season. Poch would be incredible. I just can't see him wasting the same group of players. Plus, we'd keep Bailey!

Edited by ccfcman

If Brighton were contacted by Villa looking for permission to speak to Potter, do you think he would ask to be let do so ? All under the provisio of course that Gerrard is gone. It’s not a Villa fan arrogance thing, but id find it hard to think Potter wouldn’t at least want to hear us out. 

8 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

If Brighton were contacted by Villa looking for permission to speak to Potter, do you think he would ask to be let do so ? All under the provisio of course that Gerrard is gone. It’s not a Villa fan arrogance thing, but id find it hard to think Potter wouldn’t at least want to hear us out. 

I think he would. Sky 6 dont hire British coaches and Newcastle will want a name when dispose of Howe in a couple of seasons

Us or Everton is as back as it will get but not sure he would move mid season

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

More gettable if he is not as good as people think.

In all seriousness, if he came here and we still did not perform, you can then start to put it on the players. I doubt McGinn is a Poch player for a start!

Tbh I think most managers would admire McGinn as a player, it's just Gerrard backed himself into a corner stupidly by making him captain and not wanting to face the humiliation of having to drop him.

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think he would. Sky 6 dont hire British coaches and Newcastle will want a name when dispose of Howe in a couple of seasons

Us or Everton is as back as it will get but not sure he would move mid season

It’s 4 games in. We’ve a good squad. We aren’t exactly cast adrift 15 points from safety. 

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

It’s 4 games in. We’ve a good squad. We aren’t exactly cast adrift 15 points from safety. 

Well I mean more out of respect for Brighton he wont leave them in the shit. I dont think he would do that

1 hour ago, useless said:

Telegraph are reporting that Gerrard's postion isn't under immediate threat, so I think people should guard against getting their hopes up that he's going to be fired within the next few days. Probably after the Man City game at the earliest, and even then I'm not sure it will be that soon. Club are probably working on a potential replacement already but that can take a while in the background, some summer transfers can take months of negotiations and I imagine it's the same for some managers. 📞

I don’t think his job was ever under immediate threat regardless of the Hammers result. Nor can I see the Man City game impacting his tenure as manager. I am sure Purslow will be sounding out the market but that’s to be expected 

What the next manager at Villa will inherit is a brilliant training ground and infrastructure of coaches across the age groups. 

Theres no work to be done anywhere other than on the training pitch and in the transfer market. 

That is a dream position for a great coach to be in. 

Have you seen the state of the Newcastle training ground. And their infrastructure. Miles behind ours. Miles. 

So on paper we should be an extremely attractive proposition . 

But we will not get Potter mid season. So we will have to look outside of the Prem .  The only one that we might get would be Rodgers based on the lack of investment. But because of Gerrard and Rodgers relationship and also his close relationship to the Leicester owners i think he will owe it to them to get them through this tough financial time they are going through. 

So i really do not know where we go to get a manager. Proven successful prem experienced managers out of a job are rare . Many managers get found out. Even Ancelotti struggled. 

Not much help i know ( especially as i have zero knowledge of european managers ) but it might not be as easy as hoped