Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

2 hours ago, S-Platt said:

Potter also got Ostersund 3 promotions and European football where they punched well above their weight.

Must have done good at Swansea to get the Brighton job.

He is no flash in the pan gets his teams playing good pleasing on the eye football despite losing his best players.

His ceiling is higher than Brighton that's my opinion.

Unless he takes Brighton with him, what people don’t know/understand is Brighton also have a billionaire owner, with an incredible scouting team and it’s a vibrant city only 1 hour away from London, as a club they have so much potential currently. 

Oh jeez - was angry about SG's appointment - but we got Coutinho - now we have Coutinho and SG and are failing - TBH I don't really know what to back. Is Potter the answer? We have a very good squad, good all over for once - we need a maestro. 

Edited by Jareth

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Oh jeez - was angry about SG's appointment - but we got Coutinho - now we have Coutinho and SG and are failing - TBH I don't really know what to be back. Is Potter the answer? We have a very good squad, good all over for once - we need a maestro. 

we need a good manager.

Just now, Jareth said:

But who?

No idea.

easy answer is Poch or Potter, both maybe unrealistic.

But regardless, im sure there is a better manager out there, it cant be hard to be better than this joker.

6 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

We have gone backwards from what was inherited from Deano, he has to go

Yeah you’re right I think we have. We have a stronger squad now since then and we look as bad, if not worse.

At the time I reluctantly felt it was time for Smith to go. And I still think on balance it was time for him to go.

But knowing what I know now, with the benefit of hindsight, if my two options were simply just (a) Keep Dean Smith or (b) Hire Steven Gerrard, I’d choose (a).

Fortunately there are more than just those two managers. Hire the right one, Christian. Or at least a better one.

• Like 4

There are literally hundreds of better qualified options. So we don't need to spend time focusing in on one or two individuals... 

Get rid, sound out the market see where we get to. 

8 minutes ago, DeepDish said:

Makes no sense sacking now before we have Arsenal and City coming up. But after that, I think there is a case for the sacking, unless some miracle results and performances. Today was quiye a terrible performance.

Bringing a new manager in now, right before Arsenal and City, would be insane.

But how about sacking SG tonight and leaving Critchley in charge until the first international break.

• Like 3

Just now, Zero7 said:

This is my worry, also a new manager will take time to turn it around 

Last season we went from losing 5 in a row to winning 3 out of 4 games so we do get new manager bounce like practically every other club.

An experienced top level manager will actually be looking at this imo and thinking it's a good squad and a few logical tweaks here and there and we can quickly go back to mid table.

That's looks miles off with the results and actual performances. We look as bad as Everton which is some statement given they're having to sell key players for FFP while that's not an issue for us.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

No idea.

easy answer is Poch or Potter, both maybe unrealistic.

But regardless, im sure there is a better manager out there, it cant be hard to be better than this joker.

The purchase of Coutinho has been the downfall, the hiring of SG has been the downfall - it has been a sequence of events that has not worked despite the promise. We need a manager who can come in and put Buendia to work, who can put Bailey to work, who can put Ings to work - who can find us a CM who can transform our midfield. Coutinho can play if he wants to but he looks washed up. But we need a mutherfooking plan. 

3 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Why are your responses always so loaded? Chill out man.

I’m not completely opposed to Potter, just something tells me it’s clicked at Brighton that’s all. I’d be wary of a right manager right club right time type situation. Like Lambert at Norwich. Then he came to us. 

To be fair to Lambert he did as well as could be expected with the squad/resources available.

He had a thankless job really. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Not sure if we show enough ambition as a club to attract someone like Pochettino, we've added just two players to a team that finished fourteenth last season, someone like Mauricio can't go like that, he'd probably want upgrades on the likes of Ings, Watkins, McGinn, Luiz, Mings, and so on, in other words he would only come if we were serious about making a challenge for top four, and showed as such in our actions.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Get rodgers in. Hasnt been backed at all this summer which explains thwir problems.

But brendan with this team could play some amazing football 

One of those where surely a quick phone call to him and Leicester agrees this is everyone’s interest… he avoids a sacking, can walk without forfeiting a payoff as he’s right into a better paid job, we don’t pay much compo and hand the cash to Gerrard instead - everyone wins.

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

The purchase of Coutinho has been the downfall, the hiring of SG has been the downfall - it has been a sequence of events that has not worked despite the promise. We need a manager who can come in and put Buendia to work, who can put Bailey to work, who can put Ings to work - who can find us a CM who can transform our midfield. Coutinho can play if he wants to but he looks washed up. But we need a mutherfooking plan. 

i see your point, but the whole team looks washed up, we have no plan, no cohesion, we want to play possession football, but dont play the players who can do it.

I think with the right manager, the right tactics, the right formation, we would look much better.