Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

3 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Nooooooooooo

Embrace the suck my friend. Embrace the suck. We'll be stuck down here in the shit as long as we keep appointung **** losers that keep phoning it in. 

The fanbase is even less ambitious than our club!

I’d be more than happy to take Rodgers. I’d feel comfortable that he’s an actual football manager with a great range of experience and success everywhere he’s been. He’d get us into a much better position than we are now and if we could finally win another cup, then he’d be revered! 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Rodgers has to be our top priority. He is proven in exactly what we need. 

He took Swansea to 8th and won them a League Cup. Put Liverpool back on the map both on and off the pitch which attracted Klopp. Did stuff in Scotland. Took an ailing, ageing Leicester and guided them from mid table mediocrity to a club that now expects Europe and possibly would have Champions League football if not for lockdown, and won the FA Cup.  

If he's not good enough then our ambitions are delusional. 

I broadly agree except for the cup was won under Laudrup. Rodgers was already at Pool! 

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

With this clown we will be there or thereabouts

I must be getting old - but I just don't get the name calling one bit.

Ok, he's under performing and as fans we aren't happy, but I'd like to think we'd be better than that 🤷‍♂️

Still hoping he can turn it around, but it isn't looking good - especially if you go by VT members.

Poch or Potter still the two that I'd be very happy with - if or when the time comes..

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I’d be more than happy to take Rodgers. I’d feel comfortable that he’s an actual football manager with a great range of experience and success everywhere he’s been. He’d get us into a much better position than we are now and if we could finally win another cup, then he’d be revered! 

He'd be the bookies favourite if Gerrard was sacked, was he at Liverpool when Purslow was there?

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

We need an A list manager.Why do the owners persist in trying to reach the top with managers that have never been that high in their whole career ?

Viera isn't A list and has Palace playing some bright football. 

We don't need A list necessarily, we just need quality and competency. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Would anyone take Sean Dyche if it meant getting rid of Gerrard?

Imagine us playing 442 with Coutinho asked to play on the left and mark the marauding full-back 🤣

Tbh having seen what unfancied managers like Moyes and Howe have done recently I wouldn't be totally against seeing what Dyche could do at a club with resources like ours.  

• Like 1

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

Tbh having seen what unfancied managers like Moyes and Howe have done recently I wouldn't be totally against seeing what Dyche could do at a club with resources like ours.  

Fair point, same with Potter I guess.  While superstar players like Gerrard and Lampard are rubbish managers.

56 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He'd be the bookies favourite if Gerrard was sacked, was he at Liverpool when Purslow was there?

No, Rodgers joined Liverpool in 2012. By then Purslow had stepped down as MD and became a non-executive director until 2011. 

Seen some call for Rodger’s whilst criticisng Gerrard - the mighty Leicester are doing really well tonight and this season oh and had a great seaon last year also … 

Edited by thabucks

21 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

I like both Potter and Poch. I think Poch would be easier to get as he is currently available. I don't know why I feel this way but I think Potter would not like to leave Brighton mid season

Poch after Gerrard if Gerrard had been a success, can't see him wanting it now

7 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Seen some call for Rodger’s whilst criticisng Gerrard - the mighty Leicester are doing really well tonight and this season oh and had a great seaon last year also … 

Your point is what? 

Leicester have relied on Vardy for years and have now stopped investing.  We have the players and lack any form of structure.

I would take Rogers in a heart beat Stockport County or not