Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

5 hours ago, Jareth said:

Looks like a new manager might not be on the cards, yet

I'd be more worried if Preece and/or Evans said the board is starting to lose faith with him...  Those two clowns don't really have a clue with what's goin on at the club.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Moyes might be available soon wouldnt say no to him

Wouldn't say no to the man you're suggesting could be sacked soon, as the club he currently manages has had a worse start to the season than us. Logic. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jones1328 said:

Wouldn't say no to the man you're suggesting could be sacked soon, as the club he currently manages has had a worse start to the season than us. Logic. 

Klopps having a great start too does that make him crap?

Whats moyes done in the last two years there??

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Klopps having a great start too does that make him crap?

Whats moyes done in the last two years there??

I'll ignore that Klopp comment as you obviously mean something different to what you've typed. 

What Moyes did 2,4,6,8 years ago etc doesn't matter ultimately. You're judging Gerrard on current performances yet not applying that same logic to managers you're suggesting you'd like to see takeover, who are currently performing worse. 

8 minutes ago, jones1328 said:

I'll ignore that Klopp comment as you obviously mean something different to what you've typed. 

What Moyes did 2,4,6,8 years ago etc doesn't matter ultimately. You're judging Gerrard on current performances yet not applying that same logic to managers you're suggesting you'd like to see takeover, who are currently performing worse. 

Not really the aame though is it.? Moyes delivered europe for west ham maybe them solid at the back and goid in cm. Gerrards been poor 3 wins in 11.

Moyes isnt in a run like that

20 minutes ago, jones1328 said:

I'm not a huge fan of Moyes (although he's a step up on Gerrard) but the vast majority of the dissatisfaction with Gerrard isn't really about our opening results but rather the general form/complete lack of tactics.

7 hours ago, Jareth said:

Looks like a new manager might not be on the cards, yet

Isn’t it normal that a club comes out and say that the manager have their support just before they sack the manager. 

When the board have to discuss if the manager have their support or not, it means the manager is on thin ice.

I expect Gerrard is gone after the Southampton game. I wish Gerrard could change and make us a winning team, but there is nothing there to suggest it will happen. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Yeah I still think so - more time required. 🧨🔥🚒

I'm hoping we look as daft as the Arsenal fans wanting Arteta out. Gerard hasn't shown that he can set this team up properly, but Arteta also showed very little initially.

Here's hoping there's a similar upward trajectory - however unlikely it may seem right now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

You’re exactly right mate, the best case scenario is we start winning games and he pulls it round, there’s no downside to that!

My concern is he will win enough games to avoid the sack and won’t lose enough to get the sack, so we will hover around 15th to 17th all season. He is to Purslow what McGinn is to Gerrard.

Pochettino, Potter or Rodgers in that order for me. The first two are long shots and Rodgers would probably need the sack to come here, which isn’t a great foundation. I’d almost take anyone over Gerrard. I genuinely believe we have the single worst manager in the league. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

My concern is he will win enough games to avoid the sack and won’t lose enough to get the sack, so we will hover around 15th to 17th all season. He is to Purslow what McGinn is to Gerrard.

Pochettino, Potter or Rodgers in that order for me. The first two are long shots and Rodgers would probably need the sack to come here, which isn’t a great foundation. I’d almost take anyone over Gerrard. I genuinely believe we have the single worst manager in the league. 

We've won 3 prem games now in last 13. Two of those wins are against teams no longer in premier league and we've already lost to newly promoted team.

Despite what the club are briefing he's in big trouble as with that sort of record we won't even be reaching giddy heights of 15-17th.

• Like 1