Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

I said if it before Smith was fired and Gerrard was appointed I wanted Xabi Alonso. **** up with the wrong choice of ex- Liverpool midfielders. And little chance we can sack Gerrard and appoint Alonso to replace him either now… 

Marco Rose is a good shout as currently available. Don’t see Poch being a unrealistic shout given the owners stated ambitions and wealth and actions to date. Sadly Rúben Amorim is out of our league at present 

6 minutes ago, maqroll said:

It's fascinating to see the same problems from 10 years ago continue to hinder us. 

Porous midfield. Scattershot defending. Terrible from set pieces both sides of the ball. No accountability. Weak mentality. Can't hold a lead. No identity. No discernable plan week to week. Repetitive coaching mistakes. Rigid team selection. Hoof ball. Low energy. Not enough size, strength or athleticism in the side. 

Maddening. 

Is it just the Villa way ?  whatever we do we end up back where we started. rinse repeat

Edited by thabucks

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Not for me. No disrepect to Smith, but in the premier league, who was he?

A football manager.

Who is Graham Potter? Who is Eddie Howe? Who is David Moyes? Who is Jurgen Klopp?

Signing a celebrity manager like Gerrard is the sort of stupid stuff we can usually laugh at the basketcase clubs like Everton for.

Can't wait to move on from this. Just hope we don't get pulled into relegation battle.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

Sean Dyche........not saying I want him at the Villa but he has got to be better than the clown we have in charge at the moment

No, absolutely under no circumstances. Just no.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Probably Tyrone Mings in about 10 years. When Steven wins our third Champions League and takes the England job over from Southgate. 

• Haha 1

Our multimillionaire billionaire owners didn't get where they are without having a contingency plan for every eventuality.

I am pretty sure that they are well aware that things are not good at the Villa.

I reckon Gerrard's time at the Villa is going to be curtailed soon unless a convincing win against wet spam, and points against arse and man c$ty. 

VTID

Derek

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Tune in tomorrow 2pm skysports to see a Potter Masterclass 

You got the time wrong Deathly Hallows Pt1 starts at 12:35pm on Sky Cinema: Wizarding World.

I also feel Harry comes more into his own in Pt2. The playing dead scene with the resurrection stone got me shook! 

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Xela said:

If we do change, then Potter for me. I'd have him over Poch. 

He’d be my pick as well. His team is better than the sum of its parts and it’s lovely to watch. 

On 18/08/2022 at 08:04, tinker said:

As long as we're not in a relegation position then Gerrard should get the season. We should then reconsider his position and look at the options available to us before any decision is made. The last thing we want to do is sack Gerrard or force him to walk away and then have a situation where no decent manager would come to us because of how we have dealt with Gerrard. 

Shame the last guy didn't get this treatment after achieving everything asked of him and more the previous 3 seasons. 

I think we'd be in a much stronger position had we done this and then assessed the situation in the summer. 

the problem is, would you really want to bring a new manager in for our next 3 game run?, we are likely picking up little or no points in the next 3 regardless of the manager (W.Ham, Arsenal, Man City), do we really want a new manager dealing with that run right off the bat and maybe getting off on the wrong foot with the fans?, we arent exactly the most patient bunch?

I can almost see Gerrard lasting those 3 games, maybe even the next 2 after that (Leicester & Southampton), that then leads to a 2 week break, maybe the 2 week break from mid Sept (sept 17th to Oct 2nd) might be the time to do it if results dont improve?

1 hour ago, jim said:

Probably Tyrone Mings in about 10 years. When Steven wins our third Champions League and takes the England job over from Southgate. 

Go on and support someone else. At least try to support Aston Villa.