Pre match thread

bielesibub

13 hours ago, TRO said:

winning at home and drawing away.....will give a team a champions league place.......provided they don't **** up the start of the season.

We must start winning at Home.

Winnin two out of four isn't a bad ratio especially when one of those games was v Man. City so not too concerned.

No wins out of five games away is very concerning especially when we've already played two of the newly promoted teams in that run so away wins going to be very hard to come by now.

11 hours ago, viivvaa66 said:

Other say look at the manager Chelsea have appointed.

Teams can negate that the opponent have better players, with more efficient training and coaching, better tactics and better match management.

There is a problem if the opponent both have better players and better coaching/tactics, that is a lot harder to negate.

The good thing about playing Chelsea is that they will have the ball 70% of the time, and we would be pressed so that we would have 10 players in and around the box. No Gerrard tactics will be in play, it will be just defend for your life in 90 minutes. We will most likely get 1-2 chances during the game, that should be enough to sneak an undeserved 1-0 win, but don’t bet your house on it.

Be you have no evidence the coaching is crap....you are just summising, by the turgid football on display......you could equally be right, of course...but you continue with a narrative, thats unsubstantiated.

You or me.do not spend our time, at BMH analysing the performances there......we are just putting 2& 2 together.

I remember Dan saying to a journalist after being questioned....." do you think I am asking them to do that?"......

We are all frustrated, by the performances, but we need to be sure, we are barking up the right tree.

I don't see Patrick Viera, being hounded and he has won 18 in 55, with a worse win percentage, than SG.

Look, I am far, from happy.....but we need to employ some perspective, in our frustration.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

Be you have no evidence the coaching is crap....you are just summising, by the turgid football on display......you could equally be right, of course...but you continue with a narrative, thats unsubstantiated.

You or me.do not spend our time, at BMH analysing the performances there......we are just putting 2& 2 together.

I remember Dan saying to a journalist after being questioned....." do you think I am asking them to do that?"......

We are all frustrated, by the performances, but we need to be sure, we are barking up the right tree.

I don't see Patrick Viera, being hounded and he has won 18 in 55, with a worse win percentage, than SG.

Look, I am far, from happy.....but we need to employ some perspective, in our frustration.

TRO, you're flogging a dead horse trying to convince the haters. I honestly think if we won on Sunday and played wonderful football, a fair few on here would be very dissapointed. Go figure.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, TRO said:

We do have insight given by Carragher before the Forest game on Sky. He said that Gerrard doesn’t coach the team in attacking play, because that was how he was coached while he was a player. As far as I know Gerrard hasn’t come out and refuted any of what Carragher said. Not coached or badly coached, more or less the same.

In my view practice on attacking play is an important part of modern football, not doing it too old fashioned and will get you nowhere in the best league in the world.

It would have been super weird if we had started hounding Patrick Viera on VT, unless it is for trashing us this season, with a team that is hardly worth half of ours.

38 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

TRO, you're flogging a dead horse trying to convince the haters. I honestly think if we won on Sunday and played wonderful football, a fair few on here would be very dissapointed. Go figure.

It is all about the IF. If only we won that match, if only we played fantastic football, if only Gerrard was a good manager.

Fact trumps subjective opinions, we didn’t win, we didn’t play well.

Nothing would make me happier if Gerrard by miracle become a fantastic manager and had us playing some amazing football and winning matches on a regular basis, and taking us in to the top half. Based on what he have archived over the year in charge, there is nothing that suggest it would happened.

if we stay with Gerrard our future will be to lose matches and play badly, is that something we want as fans?

32 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

We do have insight given by Carragher before the Forest game on Sky. He said that Gerrard doesn’t coach the team in attacking play, because that was how he was coached while he was a player. As far as I know Gerrard hasn’t come out and refuted any of what Carragher said. Not coached or badly coached, more or less the same.

In my view practice on attacking play is an important part of modern football, not doing it too old fashioned and will get you nowhere in the best league in the world.

It would have been super weird if we had started hounding Patrick Viera on VT, unless it is for trashing us this season, with a team that is hardly worth half of ours.

I agree.

I am talking about his own fans......

The last bit says it all....many teams worth less than ours, give us a hard time......look at the players and you might get the answer.

As for the coaching....we are just speculating....I don't know what other teams do or don't do.

as for Modern Football, I don't know what that is, I just see trends usually set by the best teams, with the best players.....because they can.

It was only before Haaland went to Man City, folk were calling the big centre forward Dinosaur thinking......funny how thats coming back in to vogue.

Football has been morphing for over a hundred years, and will continue and they all follow the pied piper, searching for betterment......so it goes in trends.

I don't know how Liverpool did their coaching when Gerrard and Carragher was there.....but it didn't do the team much harm whatever they did.

conversely, the best coach in the world, could easily have fallen to us, bar for a poor officating decision, so I guess it is small margins, we are trying to navigate.

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The ability to buy tickets or resell ticket for Chelsea game as gone. Any ideas why?

The resell facility always switches off 24 hours (or 1 day) before match-day.  

Edited by ender4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

So funny!

wonderful football? winning?

16th in the league, 9 points in 9 games, 7 goals, 18 points in the last 20 games, turgid football, a manager on the brink of sack, players out of form and out of confidence but yes we have no reason to be the haters do we!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, nick76 said:

So funny!

wonderful football? winning?

16th in the league, 9 points in 9 games, 7 goals, 18 points in the last 20 games, turgid football, a manager on the brink of sack, players out of form and out of confidence but yes we have no reason to be the haters do we!

Hate all you want. Most of you have been doing it from day one of the manager's appointment, that speaks for itself.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, viivvaa66 said:

It is all about the IF. If only we won that match, if only we played fantastic football, if only Gerrard was a good manager.

Fact trumps subjective opinions, we didn’t win, we didn’t play well.

Nothing would make me happier if Gerrard by miracle become a fantastic manager and had us playing some amazing football and winning matches on a regular basis, and taking us in to the top half. Based on what he have archived over the year in charge, there is nothing that suggest it would happened.

if we stay with Gerrard our future will be to lose matches and play badly, is that something we want as fans?

Oh, the irony.

14 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Hate all you want. Most of you have been doing it from day one of the manager's appointment, that speaks for itself.

Have we been wrong? No. 

Many of us said from day one it was a poor appointment and has shown to be just that.  You can’t have a go at us for being right about our concerns being right.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Have we been wrong? No. 

Many of us said from day one it was a poor appointment and has shown to be just that.  You can’t have a go at us for being right about our concerns being right.

I'm talking about hate for hates sake. There's a big difference in thinking someone might fail and hoping someone will fail. 

4 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I'm talking about hate for hates sake. There's a big difference in thinking someone might fail and hoping someone will fail. 

Well there maybe one or two of those people but the overwhelming majority who had concerns like me don’t hate for hates sake.  

In fact I don’t hate, I just think he’s failing and should be relieved of his duties like almost everybody who has concerns about him.  

Speaking about haters in those that hate for the sake of hating in the context of the original context sounds like loads of fans which it isn’t.  

Fans overwhelmingly who think he should go because he’s failing not because the hate for hates sake.  

We all want Villa to be successful, Gerrard is taking us further away from that, that’s why he should go.  

There is no agenda aside from the agenda of Villa being successful.