January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

12 minutes ago, Powehi said:

I've been debating with a few on here today, that wasn't directed at you. I do hate the transfer window though, it becomes this event where the media stoke up the fans' expectations and spending money becomes more important than actual football (again, not directed at you).

It's been disheartening to see people unhappy with the Villa today because of something other than the football, where at the moment we should be very positive for the future based on real evidence like the 7 league games that Emery has taken charge of.

Yeah, I can't wait for this window to end. It's driving me round the bend. 

19 minutes ago, John said:

Agreed, other than the likes of Newcastle and Chelsea, who are spending like money like its gone out of fashion. 

Arsenal, not exactly shy.....build when on top, policy.

• Like 1

One positive about the Ings out and Duran in is they Duran will get a lot more game time now then he would if we kept Ings.

We're in a unique situation. We really have no realistic chance of getting top 7. Chelsea have spent big. Liverpool will sort themselves out and nobody in the top 5 are dropping to 8th.

Brighton are also a quality side and a good free points ahead of us. We get a free shot to put in ground work for next season and really assess the squad. 

Plus lots of work to go into planning for summer singings. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Ffs city why now??? I would happily sell but who the hell can we get this late in the window as a replacement?

I'm sure AV_transfers1 is a completely reliable source and can be 100% trusted. 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

on twitter french journo  ansel moreau has said emery frustrated and not covinced by project

lolz

isn't the issue the players we are trying to sign aren't convinced by the project?

or the clubs won't sell

I doubt it's the owners dragging their feet and not keeping promises