January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

We've been scouting Duran for 12 months avcording to various reports. We should know everything there is to know about him. 

Presumably if we've kept him, but loaned out Archer, we believe he's the better option to keep on the bench? They're guessing that he'll settle well, but they must think he will. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Powehi said:

Good - means he can actually have a half season of playing regularly without being messed around again. Score some goals, come back in the summer and strengthen us even further.

Who plays up front if Ollie gets injured. I feel like a stuck record here. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

£40m on Chris Wood and Dan Burn. Two 30 year olds.

Bruno and Tripps yeah good buys but I wouldn't say they nailed it. They spent a shit load on 3 players they will never see again...but they had to. We don't.

The only dodgy one was Chris Wood, who was useful anyway—they had no strikers, and in an underhand way it weakened one of their big rivals. But sure he's not there now, so that one wasn't so good.

Dan Burn is a good signing who along with Bruno managed to pretty much transform them. Tripps too, although he got injured early on. And Targett—he helped stabalise them.

4/5 of the ones mentioned helped transform them, gave them significant momentum, and even the 1 dodgy one had his uses.

Edited by Rolta

TBH the other side of this 'well we can just wait till the summer' line is that it was just the same last year—and then look how clearly difficult it was for us to sign people last summer too (beside Kamara and Carlos). It's not exactly reassuring.

Even the sky bloke knows we arent doing anything so has gone down A42 to Forest instead.  Got lots of feelings at the moment. Pissed off that we havent strengthened beyond left back.  Get a new elite manager and then fail to bring in any of our targets. On the other hand if we have been quoted stupid prices then maybe its better to keep our powder dry . No consiparcy theories but it would have really added to the feel good factor to bring in maybe 2 more first team ready players who would really give us a chance to keep moving up the table. 

Still trust in Unai.. but Lange, not so much

Just now, HKP90 said:

Our new 16mil signing. Ollie also might not get injured, and in fact very rarely does. I feel like a stuck record too - or at least a record surrounded by fans who seem desperate to jump to the worst possible scenario.

Arsenal:

Just now, duke313 said:

Duran, Bailey, Coutinho, Buendia, Ramsey, K. Young.

Duran- never kicked a ball in a top league

Bailey- Already playing, no wing replacement- not a striker

Coutinho- He's next to useless now- not a striker

Buendia- Already playing, not a striker.

Ramsey- Already playing (likely), not a striker.

K. Young- young, unproven, probably do a job. On the wing. Not a striker.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

And who’s gonna pay player X’s wages for the next 5 years when we don’t want him any more because he wasn’t actually what we wanted in the first place?

There’s two sides to every coin my friend.  

Just now, Powehi said:

Our new 16mil signing. Ollie also might not get injured, and in fact very rarely does. I feel like a stuck record too - or at least a record surrounded by fans who seem desperate to jump to the worst possible scenario.

It's called a backup plan.