January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

10 hours ago, TRO said:

I'm not comparing him with JJ, someone else did.

There is 2 ways of looking at foul stats, and some can be unlucky decisions......shows commitment.

Stats are useful, but don't always tell you what you see, watching games.....Its also widely accepted getting called up for England, is a decent endorsement....when you think it took Jack some doing.

I would suspect, that many fans would welcome a Gallagher signing, just not at the expense of Guendouzi.

Not when you play for a 'flavor' club.  Plenty of guys have played for England that never deserved it, but got it because they played for a 'top club'.

Similarly, plenty of players have played brilliantly at 'unfashionable' clubs and not been called up.  JJ deserved a call up far more than Gallagher did, but Southgate has a bee in his bonnet about Villa.

Who, if any, could we be looking at who would fly in from Madrid? 

Unai took Dani Ceballos on loan to Arsenal at the start of his second season with them. He's at Real Madrid. 

What about agent Emi Martinez having a word in Angel Correa's ear and convinced that Villa's a big club mate? 

• Haha 1

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

Not attacking you here, but if we had a player that stuck with us through 2 relegations and didn't kick up a storm to leave when given a chance, we'd herald him as a hero.

Bit of a double standard imo, again, not from you specifically.

We would and I am sure Watford fans are happy he is there. One season trying to help them I can understand but I don't get why he hasn't gone now, he's not from their youth system or a fan of the club. You'd think if us, West Ham or Palace went in he'd want to kick on.

FWIW, I don't mind if our players want to better themselves either. Everyone is a feeder club to the top 3-4 clubs now, Martinez might leave us in the summer and if it means either personal progression or even just financial I can't blame him.

3 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Unai took Dani Ceballos on loan to Arsenal at the start of his second season with them. He's at Real Madrid. 

What about agent Emi Martinez having a word in Angel Correa's ear and convinced that Villa's a big club mate? 

Diaz.  Doesn’t get on, experienced striker and out of contract in summer 

6 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

It's finally Isco

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

So we're not skint then? You agree with facts and not the voice in your head? XD

I agree with what I see with my own eyes. Owners aren't skint of course not. They just don't wanna spend or wary of spending stupid money. It isn't FFP because it isn't stopping any other clubs.

Edited by messi11
  • Haha 1

It's a strange window. Everyone we've been linked with nearly has joined the PL. McKennie, Danjuma, Jackson(until he failed medical), Dembele to Saints seems a big possibility. Did we ever want those?

Who did we want. Deulofeu injury was possibly stopping us signing him. Lee Kang In Mallorca not wanting to sell for a reasonable price and assume same for Guendouzi and Marseille. Nico Williams? 

Obviously hope we sign the right players if available. Getting rid of deadwood is still part of a successful window. 

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

It's a strange window. Everyone we've been linked with nearly has joined the PL. McKennie, Danjuma, Jackson(until he failed medical), Dembele to Saints seems a big possibility. Did we ever want those?

Wh

They've all joined lesser clubs(facts) which just shows we actually tried for players that would improve us as these ones don't.

I think Merino was Emery's first choice midfielder. But he didn't wanna move in Jan.

Maybe he also wanted Niko Williams, spoke to his agent but he also didn't wanna come in January, so they didn't put the bid in. 

Probably go back in for both in the summer.

Edited by messi11

2 hours ago, TRO said:

The reference to Gerrard, everytime, something is in doubt, is tedious and dull....we need to get over it and engage in more meaningful dialogue.

The January transfer window, has nothing to do with him, he's gone.....and the clear out only involves his loans in the main.

Fair enough, but I think the Gerrardball context is so recent, and it matters. It matters a lot. Expectations in this transfer window have been disproportionate because there has been a widespread sense of disappointment and impatience among supporters, and things seem to have changed almost instantly after Stevie’s departure. 

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Who did we want. Deulofeu injury was possibly stopping us signing him. Lee Kang In Mallorca not wanting to sell for a reasonable price and assume same for Guendouzi and Marseille. Nico Williams? 

In the case of McKennie, Danjuma and Jackson, you wouldn’t have thought that Leeds, Everton (before Spurs) or Southampton are more appealing than ourselves. So I’m calling nonsense on all the links. 

We only have 1 game a week, 18 games left. Likely won't have enough to push for Europe and if we did get it then it could be too much too soon anyway, I'm happy if we get 1 more player in but if we don't it will be fine.

2 GKs, 4 CBs, 4 FBs, 5 CMs. Bit light out wide with Buendia, Coutinho and Bailey there but Emery likes to play a CM as the wide player anyway.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, messi11 said:

They've all joined lesser clubs(facts) which just shows we actually tried for players that would improve us as these ones don't.

I think Merino was Emery's first choice midfielder. But he didn't wanna move in Jan.

Maybe he also wanted Niko Williams, spoke to his agent but he also didn't wanna come in January, so they didn't put the bid in. 

Probably go back in for both in the summer.

Just 4 posts above this you’ve claimed our owners don’t want to spend money. 

Now your talking about 2 players that would cost well over £100m 

Make your mind up.