January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

12 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Yeah, but of those outs, Guilbert, Bednarek, Ty Wright and Vassilev had played what, 45 minutes between them?

Moreno has already played more minutes than all of them together.

It's only Ings that's actually been involved and we've signed a striker who can replace him as the man off the bench.

Sanson is possibly the one that weakens us, especially given that Nakamba clearly isn't rated - but then, I'm expecting to see a signing (perhaps two) before the window shuts anyway.

We're fine.

Was thinking mainly Ings and Sanson, but also Archer and Bednarek are a loss in terms of first team squad. Guilbert  was never featuring. Most likely Augustinsson is leaving too. 

Ings and Archer out and Duran in does weaken us in terms of our attacking options when you add in Sanson leaving too. 

41 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Yeah, but of those outs, Guilbert, Bednarek, Ty Wright and Vassilev had played what, 45 minutes between them?

Moreno has already played more minutes than all of them together.

It's only Ings that's actually been involved and we've signed a striker who can replace him as the man off the bench.

Sanson is possibly the one that weakens us, especially given that Nakamba clearly isn't rated - but then, I'm expecting to see a signing (perhaps two) before the window shuts anyway.

We're fine.

I don’t think Sanson leaving weakens  us particularly,  Kamara, Luiz, Ramsey, Mcginn, Buendia, Dendoncker , Coutinho all ahed of him I don’t think he was physically strong enough to start in the middle in the Luiz, Kamara role Dendoncker is the direct cover for those two and then Mcginn at a push. Then we have the other 4 capable of playing as wide midfielders. 

Edited by gwi1890
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Was thinking mainly Ings and Sanson, but also Archer and Bednarek are a loss in terms of first team squad. Guilbert  was never featuring. Most likely Augustinsson is leaving too. 

Ings and Archer out and Duran in does weaken us in terms of our attacking options when you add in Sanson leaving too. 

I'm not sure letting Archer out on loan particularly weakens us - I'm in a minority I know, but I don't think he has a future here and I don't think we lose much by having Kadan Young instead.

2 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Guendouzi, Luiz Henrique + Dembele in and it’s a 10/10 window for me.

Guendouzi seems likely… not sure on Henrique… Dembele makes sense unless we have a better target in mind…

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Guendouzi seems likely… not sure on Henrique… Dembele makes sense unless we have a better target in mind…

I'd be happy with just Guendouzi and clearing the deadwood too. Good window

• Like 2

1 hour ago, messi11 said:

We will soon find out by Tuesday night if we do or we don't. Smashing our £38 Million transfer  record shouldn't be a problem in 2023.

Leeds just bought Georginio Rutter for 35.5 million
Newcastle buying Gordan for 45Million

Arsenal bid £60 Mil for Caicedo

Over to you Villa

All 3 of them are overpriced. 

That’s why not letting anyone have our pants down doesn’t mean we’re skint. 

So easy to forget that players' agents try to start hype storms in bottom-feeder sports media during the transfer window, and there are plenty of bottom-feeders willing to post that shit. It's a win-win all around in a world where cred is so fluid.  

Bigger hype = bigger fees and contracts = higher agent commissions

If I were an agent in Jan 2023, I know I'd be trying to hype my mediocre has-been or injury-prone Championship-level left back or whatever into an "undiscovered" or "hidden" Paulo Maldini. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, messi11 said:

I'd be happy with just Guendouzi and clearing the deadwood too. Good window

Delighted if we sign him but I’m hoping for an attacker too, need more goals in the side ideally…