January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

9 minutes ago, handsworthlion said:

or carefully consider a player who has similiar qualities

How about Ounahi at Angers? Stats are very similar to Guendouzi but price might be an issue as he had a good World Cup. 

• Like 1

Just now, burchy said:

How about Ounahi at Angers? Stats are very similar to Guendouzi but price might be an issue as he had a good World Cup. 

Ive neither heard of him or ever seen him play. sign him up.

seriously though.. its obviously a whole scouting departments job to identify these players.. if they/unai feel like these guys have the raw materials to then be coached by Don Emery (Bit like Jhon Duran)... im all for it, rather than signing the next cab of the rank like Ziyech.

Lee Kang-In is one that i find nteresting as its obviously an Unai Pick.

• Like 1

It’s strange as I feel Durans purchase was the recruitment teams and not Emery’s. Obviously he approved it but from the way Duran spoke about his interactions with Emery it came across as if he had limited involvement.

I think we’re potentially seeing a double process going on at the moment. Academy and up and coming = recruitment team and others like Moreno and potentially Guendouzi being Unai’s picks. I would also through a senior striker in there as well being Unai’s pick.

I think the ‘specific’ winger he’s stated is a collaboration between the two as I’d like us to go after the next big thing here, ideally with a fair bit of pace. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Has got two assists in that South American U20 tournament Duran was supposed to be at.  Seems to play on the left.

Could be a good backup for Bailey, eventually replacing him.

Edited by duke313
  • Like 1

It is a tiny bit alarming and emphasis on tiny at potentially being rejected by 3-4 targets(if true). 

I think we desperately need that pacey attacking player over everything even Guendouzi could wait till the summer. 

3 hours ago, allani said:

Seems like he isn't on the list of Juve players being investigated for financial irregularity over contract salary reductions but Bentancur is.  So we might have dodged a bullet if the players are found guilty and suspended.

No he is. Not forc19/20 but 20/21 season. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Why do we post so many of these twitter links where they have a handful of followers. They're clearl not real journalists with information. You don't have 4k followers 2 years after you join twitter of you are a real journalist with real information.

These are just foreign versions of Lyric

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Has got two assists in that South American U20 tournament Duran was supposed to be at.  Seems to play on the left.

Could be a good backup for Bailey, eventually replacing him.

We ought to take a look at Vitor Roque for Brazil. In the u20 squad and is only 17. Scored two in one their games

20 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

Where's the resident "I watch all games in the Chilean league and this kid is unreal" member of VillaTalk?  😉

Sorry but I only watch Colo Colo games so haven't seen this kid so much :popcorn:

Edited by NoelVilla
Chile is the country
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, burchy said:

We ought to take a look at Vitor Roque for Brazil. In the u20 squad and is only 17. Scored two in one their games

He's in the Encdrick category and on the radar of some big clubs, don't think we'd realistically have a chance with him.  Could only move in the summer and will cost £50m+