January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

43 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Our big summer signing with be Dembele on a free.... 

Good tactic. Can put the squeeze on Lyon. We can agree a contract with Dembele and then say to Lyon. Take small fee now or zero in summer we've already agreed the contract with him so up to you. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Spurs love this tactic. Wait until a club has agreed a fee and personal terms with a player then swoop in. Bentancur style like an eagle. 

I'm sure levy does it to save on the air fare to get them into the country

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Spurs love this tactic. Wait until a club has agreed a fee and personal terms with a player then swoop in. Bentancur style like an eagle. 

Levy is like one of those cocks who swoops in and ruins it when you are trying to buy a house. You wish you could have 5 minutes with them in a room without windows.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Who the hell is nico williams? Never heard of him

He’s a terrific talent and will be a great player. Very quick and skillful, but lacks a bit of experience in terms of delivering even more end product. That will come sooner rather than later. 

He seems very committed to Athletic Club, though.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, El Zen said:

He’s a terrific talent and will be a great player. Very quick and skillful, but lacks a bit of experience in terms of delivering even more end product. That will come sooner rather than later. 

Thanks for info. Sounds promiding although ashame he dint want to come.

Im glad we are looking at la liga players. I dont think we tap this league as much as we should

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, El Zen said:

I'd imagine he'd want to make more of a step up if he leaves there - i.e a club contending for the CL. 

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I'd imagine he'd want to make more of a step up if he leaves there - i.e a club contending for the CL. 

Yeah, it would take a lot, and probably not at this point in his career. I’d imagine he’d want to play, and possibly win something, alongside his older brother Inaki for a while*. I’d be surprised to see him sign for any of the two Spanish giants, so it would have to be Man City like, in a few years’ time. 

*My specs are slightly Athletic tinted. 

24 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

It's a good tactic to be fair, i'm sure we've done similar in the past as well.