January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He's not, and he could do with some competition, but he's young, dynamic and has an eye for a goal. He's one of our better players as things stand. 

He is, and is young as you say.  He shouldn’t be a guaranteed starter.  Need’s competition to push him on. 

4 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

If you can't see that if, at 21 years old, he carries on his stratospheric progress and development from the last two seasons he will be an outstanding PL midfielder then I cannot help you. 

The kid is a physical beast, can carry the ball at speed (something so few players can do), can shoot, can finish, and has improved his ball retention under Emery no end. 

He is fine details away from being worth £50m+. Transfermarkt already have him at £28m and he is the standout midfielder in the England u21 set up. 

He is absolutely critical to how we play as we have literally no one else who can advance the ball up the pitch. 

Sorry, but he's excellent. Emery got him straight back in the second he was fit and I regard his assessment of our players far above yours I'm sorry to say. 

This all day

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

If you can't see that if, at 21 years old, he carries on his stratospheric progress and development from the last two seasons he will be an outstanding PL midfielder then I cannot help you. 

The kid is a physical beast, can carry the ball at speed (something so few players can do), can shoot, can finish, and has improved his ball retention under Emery no end. 

He is fine details away from being worth £50m+. Transfermarkt already have him at £28m and he is the standout midfielder in the England u21 set up. 

He is absolutely critical to how we play as we have literally no one else who can advance the ball up the pitch. 

Sorry, but he's excellent. Emery got him straight back in the second he was fit and I regard his assessment of our players far above yours I'm sorry to say. 

I agree with this. I can see a midfield 3 of Rice, Bellingham and JJ for England very soon! England just need to get rid of Southgate and things could really happen! 

• Like 1

blimey, so looks like....

2 out:

• Bednarek, Guilbert.

2 reported to be close to exit/end of loan:

• Sanson, Augustinsson.

1 we will hopefully offload:

• Nakamba.

Possibly offloading 5 players in the Jan window, blimey...good stuff.

Come on tho.....give me some signings!! :)

8 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Although that did coincide with McGinn getting injured so it will be interesting to see who he picks as a starter once they are both fit.

My feeling is it will be a horses for courses situation and they will play pretty much equal time.

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

blimey, so looks like....

2 out:

• Bednarek, Guilbert.

2 reported to be close to exit/end of loan:

• Sanson, Augustinsson.

1 we will hopefully offload:

• Nakamba.

Possibly offloading 5 players in the Jan window, blimey...good stuff.

Come on tho.....give me some signings!! :)

Outgoings are more important than incomings though. We need to get to a position where we can attack the Summer market without worrying about offloading players and the effect those players have on potential signings. 

Personally, I'd like to see Digne's and Coutinho's wages off the books. I also think we might see the sale of one of Bailey or Buendia if a suitable offer comes in. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I’m not a big fan of Ramsey but he is as you say developing and still very young.

He could be very good in a few years 

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Outgoings are more important than incomings though. We need to get to a position where we can attack the Summer market without worrying about offloading players and the effect those players have on potential signings. 

Personally, I'd like to see Digne's and Coutinho's wages off the books. I also think we might see the sale of one of Bailey or Buendia if a suitable offer comes in. 

thats why i said "good "stuff"!

Good to see the chaff being offloaded, will hopefully free up some transfer money, wages and squad space for players that are actually good 😆

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Not drawing a direct comparison, but look at what Grealish offered at 21 compared to his best years with us. Players mature at different times. JJ has a very high ceiling. People who disregard that are, for me, not paying attention. Find me many other young players who can play across the midfield, score goals and dribble like him. He’s a dream for the likes of Unai and will only get better with actual coaching, competition and better players around him. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, picicata said:

Although that did coincide with McGinn getting injured so it will be interesting to see who he picks as a starter once they are both fit.

My feeling is it will be a horses for courses situation and they will play pretty much equal time.

If I remember correctly, was McGinn not dropped in favour of Ramsey at the start of Emery's tenure? Was only 1 or 2 games but I think SJM was dropped. 

Will be interesting to see if this is still the case when both are back fit. 

EDIT: Sorry for going off topic. 

Edited by Steero113

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

If I remember correctly, was McGinn not dropped in favour of Ramsey at the start of Emery's tenure? Was only 1 or 2 games but I think SJM was dropped. 

Will be interesting to see if this is still the case when both are back fit. 

EDIT: Sorry for going off topic. 

When he's back fit, I think he might come in for Buendia. Ramsey won't be dropped I can't imagine. 

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Great to see the bedwetters out on Twitter. Lots of outs doesn’t mean nobody else is coming in. 

Yep, sick of this nonsense 🤦‍♂️

Too many Negative Nancies…

We will be active and we will be INTELLIGENT (for a change)…

I’m excited…

People can’t make up their minds. 
It’s either:

”we’re crap, get rid of the lot of them”

”we need a rebuild”

etc.

or

”why are we selling him?”

”we’re leaving ourselves short”

”owners have tightened the purse strings”

etc.

🤦‍♂️

We are trying to improve the team and squad and offload the players who aren’t of value to us and won’t offer enough of a contribution going forwards. We will be replacing them with better and more impactful players.

Isn’t this what we want and need???

We are being intelligent by managing our finances better and putting them to better use. I’m sick of carrying crap or useless players on massive wages… we’re finally changing things up…

All the moaning and complaining and scaremongering is tiring, it’s all over the place…

Anyway, it doesn’t matter. Unai will do his work and elevate us… exciting times…

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

LEAVE BUENDIA ALONE!!! 🤣

• Like 1