January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I like the look of samuel chukwueze at villareal.  Looks like a more consistent version than bailey.  Use the ings money to get him in

In the last 2 seasons he has the same amount of league goals and assists than Bailey but has played 10 games more

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Surely we’d use the Ings money to get another striker if he does go?

It's got to be a striker surely. The fact we've also let Archer go tells me we have someone lined up apart from Duran.

I sure hope so anyway. 

12 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Ings for Deulofeu is my assumption 

A striker for winger would be bizarre.  We may get Deulofeu but that can’t be replacement for Ings, that makes no sense.

25 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Lock the thread.

We're selling Danny Ings and replacing him with the ghost of Christmas past.

No new signings. The end.

To be fair, in the summer after getting Carlos and Kamara we were told by many not to panic that we weren’t getting more in and people were doing comments like above and don’t worry more quality would come in….nothing happened and on deadline day we made desperate moves for Dendoncker and Bednarek so pardon my worry because recent history shows there could be reason to worry.  It’s not just Emery, it’s Lange and Purslow involved so forgive my hesitation given their history.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, nick76 said:

A striker for winger would be bizarre.  We may get Deulofeu but that can’t be replacement for Ings, that makes no sense.

He has been playing more of a striker the last years than a winger.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

To be fair, in the summer after getting Carlos and Kamara we were told by many not to panic that we weren’t getting more in and people were doing comments like above and don’t worry more quality would come in….nothing happened and on deadline day we made desperate moves for Dendoncker and Bednarek so pardon my worry because recent history shows there could be reason to worry.  It’s not just Emery, it’s Lange and Purslow involved so forgive my hesitation given their history.

In hindsight I think we shut up shop on Gerrard because we know he was an absolute plank and it reports are believe Gerrard was very obtrusive.

1 minute ago, MentalM said:

He has been playing more of a striker the last years than a winger.

But still not a striker similar to Bailey.  It’s like Luke Shaw has shown he can play CB despite being a LB but you wouldn’t play him there long term.

• Like 1

Just now, rodders0223 said:

In hindsight I think we shut up shop on Gerrard because we know he was an absolute plank and it reports are believe Gerrard was very obtrusive.

But it was Gerrard, Lange and Purslow involved….two of those three are still involved in this.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

In the last 2 seasons he has the same amount of league goals and assists than Bailey but has played 10 games more

True, None the wingers/forwards at Villarreal are a massive upgrade on Bailey .

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

But still not a striker similar to Bailey.  It’s like Luke Shaw has shown he can play CB despite being a LB but you wouldn’t play him there long term.

No, but he would be a striker that can keep possesion and bring others into the game.

He isnt supposed to be similar to Bailey, he would give us something we are in dire need of now. Someone who can keep the ball further up the pitch. 

I  am 100% in for Deulofeu, it makes sense if he isnt expensive.