January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

1 minute ago, Pissflaps said:

Watch us accept £10m.

Just the nice £15m loss on him then if that happens. 

That's why we have no money because we never ever sell players for a profit. Terribly run football team for a long time.

Don't forget the saving of 10 Million in wages...... 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Watch us accept £10m.

That's why we have no money because we never ever sell players for a profit. Terribly run football team for a long time.

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sports/man-city-sign-playmaker-grealish-villa-six-year-deal-2021-08-05/

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2010/aug/17/manchester-city-james-milner-stephen-ireland

https://www.thenationalnews.com/sport/barry-completes-city-deal-1.601869?outputType=amp

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11677/9921339/liverpool-sign-christian-benteke-from-aston-villa

yep, if only we’d sold for a profit the team would be stronger.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Watch us accept £10m.

Better than letting him sit on the bench and barely get a sniff next season then let him go for diddly squat. 

With amortisation £15m would give us a bit of profit I believe so wouldn’t be terrible business but we should be taking desperate clubs to the cleaners with deals like this.  

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yes, all good points. Watkins can frustrate the hell out of me, but I just don’t see him as being a problem. He’s not on massive wages - 50/70k and I think he’s a great option if not a starter. If he demands a move then yeh, you have a problem.

For me, Bailey, Buendia and Cash are the next three to be replaced in the XI. 

Nailed it!! Not a word wrong in all of this including the players in the firing line 👏🏽

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

In which world were we ever going to turn a profit on Ings? 

Why should we also take a huge loss on him when selling him to a team not miles away from us in the table that are desperate for a striker to avoid relegation. And have money.

Why should we just bend over and take a pittance for him. We spent £25mnto buy him. Why just accept £10m like a bunch of total mugs?

Edited by Pissflaps
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Pissflaps said:

Watch us accept £10m.

On what planet were we supposed to turn a profit on a 29 year old?

Secondly I don't think the clubs owners care about the cash loss, otherwise they wouldn't sign players of that age profit.

What they will care about is not having to pay the player 6m a year for a bit part role every year until his contract ends and they will care that they won't make a book loss on the accounts when amortisation is taken into account - Something which is vital for all clubs FFP

For what it is worth I think it will be 15m

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pissflaps said:

Why should we also take a huge loss on him when selling him to a team not miles away from us in the table that are desperate for a striker to avoid relegation. And have money.

Why should we just bend over and take a pittance for him. We spent £25mnto buy him. Why just accept £10m like a bunch of total mugs?

Who said we are accepting 10m? You have made up a narrative in your head.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pissflaps said:

Watch us accept £10m.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I’ve seen a few people saying sell him and buy Thuram

on the face of it that would be good business but I think a lot of top teams fancy Thuram as a squad player and the wages he will ask for will be massive as he is free in the summer.

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I have a feeling... Managers, neutrals and opposition fans probably rate Ollie... more than we rate Ollie.

He is one of those types.

Well not in my experience following Villa.  Obviously no clue about managers but neutrals and opposition fans don’t rate him that much.  

They don’t know about his workrate and pressing as detailed as we do.  In my experience they just see him as one season at his peak a few seasons ago, aided by Jack and fell off the radar now and struggles to score.  He’s just been put into that category of lower mid table bang average striker.  

I think Villa fans appreciate him more than neutrals and opposition fans these days.  Managers might be different but when I’m out and about the country they see Ollie as one of our weaknesses but they also feel the same about Mings who I disagree with their opinions.  Anyway they think he’ll work the defence hard but not trouble the goal much.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

If we sell Ings in next 7 days then I'd say Duvan Zapata could be a decent short term option.

Atalanta happy to loan him out, same nationality as Duran and he last failed to hit double figures in Serie A in 15/16 so a very good scoring record generally.

January is a very tricky market for strikers tbh, loan deal is usually a smart move.

He has not been good since he got injured last year which ruined his Newcastle move