January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

29 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

Pace is dangerous at any level of the game, we don’t really much of it in our squad apart from Bailey. I’ve always like Sarr when I’ve seen him, quick, powerful, direct.. shame we couldn’t get him in the summer 

Watkins?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Watkins is probably the fittest player in the league and he's quick enough but he's not in the same pace bracket as say Bailey, Sarr, Walker etc. 

I’d like to see him in a foot race with Bailey. Bet there isn’t much in it.

23 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Watkins is probably the fittest player in the league and he's quick enough but he's not in the same pace bracket as say Bailey, Sarr, Walker etc. 

I think it's actually the acceleration, " burst " that Ollie doesn't have, but certainly the top end.

From the info i've seen though, he's meant to be one of the fastest in the League.

The " burst " is probably what allows you to beat a player more effectively though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

heres an idea…  Why don’t people just ignore Lyric and don’t post his tweets then he will soon disappear 🤷🏻… 

I tried that with the Birmingham Mail but they are still going…😉

• Haha 4

i dont think Watkins is particularly fast at all, yes he's reasonably pacey, but no more than many other players i dont think.

I dont think i can ever recall a time he has taken the ball and burst past players with pure pace or acceleration, in fact i can recall many times where he has the ball and cant get away from opposition players for love nor money, and gets tackled.

I even remember numerous times of him chasing a ball down versus another player and although he may get there first, he doesnt leave anyone in his wake by any stretch.

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

heres an idea…  Why don’t people just ignore Lyric and don’t post his tweets then he will soon disappear 🤷🏻… 

some believe him so keep posting him so posting his other tweets just shows he’s a fraud to others that don’t see his bad posts…otherwise he just looks ITK