January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

31 minutes ago, Spoony said:

We need to sell Watkins and go absolutely all out for a world class striker. I suspect we need to be smashing our transfer record. 

I agree with this but, in addition, I suspect we need more than one. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Spoony said:

We need to sell Watkins and go absolutely all out for a world class striker. I suspect we need to be smashing our transfer record. 

We don't even need world class, just a natural clinical striker who offers a bit of something to worry defenders. 

The likes of mitrovich would improve us massively. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, nick76 said:

The other wasn’t real? Seen a few videos and some good and some poor.  Anybody can look great in a clips video…I know nothing about the guy but very concerning he looks just as poor as he looks good across the videos.  

Is he really better than what we have? Genuine question? Has anybody watched him regularly? Can he move up dramatically up to PL level? 

I'd avoid any player from MLS...  That league is straight trash, and I say this as an American.

• Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, Spoony said:

World class like Mbappe?

No world class striker is coming to Aston Villa 😂 pipe dreams 

50 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Is only about 3 or 4 world class strikers in the world and we aren't getting one of them. Spurs and Chelsea have tried for about a decade each and Spurs got lucky with Kane

Many big names have flopped and they are levels above us in the food chain

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nigel said:

We don't even need world class, just a natural clinical striker who offers a bit of something to worry defenders. 

I imagine defenders don’t like playing against Ollie, it’s the Keepers that are more relaxed about facing him 😝

Not just Watkins (and Ings) who needs to score more. We seriously need our midfield to chip in with more goals. Not sure they currently have it in them or if we need new players (I think we do)

• Bailey is playing as a attacker now, kinda and has 3
  • Ramsey has 2
  •  Luiz 1 from a direct corner
  • Buendia 1
  • McGinn has no goals and 1 assist for all his minutes
  • Coutinho has nothing and looks utterly finished.

We might get a bit more out of some of them but it's not like there is a massive untapped attacking potential there. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

I'd avoid any player from MLS...  That league is straight trash, and I say this as an American.

O-KMitch...... how many MLS players have come over to do VERY well in the Prem?? Are you sure about being an American ? There are plenty of players who would thrive at premier league clubs given the chance. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think we really need to go out and get pau torres. We need a new cb pairing i think. Mings and konsa just dont do it for me

Bang on.

Not sure who, but we need a dominant Centre back to partner Mings or Carlos.

and a defensive minded right back.

22 minutes ago, Chicago Villan 1974 said:

O-KMitch...... how many MLS players have come over to do VERY well in the Prem??

I'm struggling, Pulisic is the one that comes to mind, he flirts with the edges of Chelsea's first team, which means he has quality, but I wouldn't necessarily say that's doing VERY well - he doesn't play much. There was that fella at Fulham with the slight big eyes, Dempsey was it and I think Fulham might have had a sort of military looking striker at some point - but neither of those were really better than middling.

There have been a few decent keepers though and I guess from that group Brad Friedel could have been described as having done VERY well - he played and he performed well anyway's.

Apologies, I haven't read the last few pages so I may be going over something you've already discussed, but I have a feeling that the answer is one...at a push.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm struggling, Pulisic is the one that comes to mind, he flirts with the edges of Chelsea's first team, which means he has quality, but I wouldn't necessarily say that's doing VERY well - he doesn't play much. There was that fella at Fulham with the slight big eyes, Dempsey was it and I think Fulham might have had a sort of military looking striker at some point - but neither of those were really better than middling.

There have been a few decent keepers though and I guess from that group Brad Friedel could have been described as having done VERY well - he played and he performed well anyway's.

Apologies, I haven't read the last few pages so I may be going over something you've already discussed, but I have a feeling that the answer is one...at a push.

McBride was a solid striker for Fulham. Pulisic I dont think even played in the MLS

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

spot on.

• Like 1