Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

1 point behind Liverpool in 8th, but they have 1 game in hand. Possibly catchable.

2 points behind Brentford in 7th. Catchable. 

2 points behind Brighton in 6th, but they have 2 games in hand. Could overtake them in the last match of the season. 

6 points behind Newcastle in 5th, and they have 2 games in hand. Unlikely to catch unless they have a massive drop in form.

8 points behind Spurs in 4th. Same amount of games played. Spurs without a permanent manager. Possibly catchable depending on managerial appointment.

• Like 1

Can't imagine we'll get higher than 7th this season given several teams above us still have games in hand, but frankly 7th would be an immense achievement anyway.

I'd certainly have laughed if you told me we'd be in the hunt for Europe with the start we had to the season.

13 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Chelsea v Liverpool this Wednesday...do we want a draw or a Chelsea win?

IF we can beat Leicester at the same time, then prefer for Chelsea to win and Liverpool to lose.  Liverpool are catchable if they don’t improve their form. 

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Big game against Leicester mid week. I’m still not convinced we can do it, but win that and I will be. 3 points there would be huge. 

We have to be favourites in that - away from home and ours and their form dictates we win. The players are so utterly focused and harmonious now. Normally I'd be in complete agreement on the caution, but neutrals will pin Villa for the win. 

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Big game against Leicester mid week. I’m still not convinced we can do it, but win that and I will be. 3 points there would be huge. 

They are going to be devoid of confidence. No experience of a relagation battle. The pressure is really on them . They are good on the transition. Thats all.  If we can be as disciplined as we were today then we will find lots more space and ball percentage to hurt them. 

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Leicester, Forest and then Newcastle.

I would take 6 points from the 9… and that could be enough for 6th if results go out way. Come on you Villa boys!!!  

Newcastle are beatable and I think that's a home game too.

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Leicester, Forest and then Newcastle.

I would take 6 points from the 9… and that could be enough for 6th if results go out way. Come on you Villa boys!!!  

Take 9 out of 9 points and Spurs look catchable 😬

Shhhhhhh…. Let me dream 😀

11 minutes ago, Jareth said:

We have to be favourites in that - away from home and ours and their form dictates we win. The players are so utterly focused and harmonious now. Normally I'd be in complete agreement on the caution, but neutrals will pin Villa for the win. 

Just checked the bookies, and Nope. Leicester are the favourites to win on Tuesday.

Edited by SecretVillaScout