Leander Dendoncker

HalfTimePost

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Now I wouldn’t normally listen to fans but when an entire fan is happy a player is sold, you have to wonder why. 

Yet Wolves regressed since he left from the starting team. I think Leander got the last laugh 

I do enjoy the "he doesnt suit our style of play" thing thrown out there, the same style that brought you sych memorable results as Newcastle, Liverpool, Warsaw and Everton lol. Same style all the time.

Serious though Dendonker is off the pace a bit yes probably injury related (hopefully).

But he should not be played as a pivot, he is the guy you bring on when up 1 or 2 holding a lead and say, smash anything running at the back 4. Luiz cant do it without getting booked, Kamara gets overrun a bit and Tielemans well is Tielemans.

Man needs minutes to build match time then deployed as a midfield enforcer as needed. Sit behind the two CM and break up play then hand it off.

We cant have all our midfielders sitting there as double pivots because its a thing or in games with high press or quick counter as seen we get smashed and are 1 dimensional and predictable.

2 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

He is, I think he's been fine. Neat and tidy, keeping possession. Doing what a defensive midfielder should be doing.

Never showing for the ball and 5 yard passes when we are trying to break a team down.  There’s no place for him in this game. 

• Like 1

I think it’s just that we needed to move the ball quickly in midfield to try to open Zrinjski up, yet every time the ball came to Dendonker he turned back and passed backwards. We didn’t necessarily need DM solidity today, we needed more creativity and bravery on the ball. That’s not really his game though, and he didn’t do much wrong. 

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I think it’s just that we needed to move the ball quickly in midfield to try to open Zrinjski up, yet every time the ball came to Dendonker he turned back and passed backwards. We didn’t necessarily need DM solidity today, we needed more creativity and bravery on the ball. That’s not really his game though, and he didn’t do much wrong. 

Exactly this, very negative from him, kept passing back, hardly looked forward. Looked for the simple pass, didn't want to things by the scruff of the neck and make things happen

51 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Not the game for him. Always struggles when opponents cede possession and defend deep.

Ironically he works against good teams because he wins the ball, takes up good positions defensively and rarely gives away possession. Against better teams he's not dynamic enough unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, supermon said:

Exactly this, very negative from him, kept passing back, hardly looked forward. Looked for the simple pass, didn't want to things by the scruff of the neck and make things happen

You can say that if a number of our players. Konsa and lenglet were especially guilty of throttling our attacks. 

Â