Liverpool 9-0 v Bournemouth, Villa lost 2-0- How can we bridge this gap?

Irish_Villain

As per title, Liverpool just showed us how out of their league they are but we lose to them 2-0. I'm not saying we're in anyway close to Liverpool in terms of quality and manager etc but we still shouldn't have lost to a side like this. Even look at palace today, they took a 2-0 lead against city because they are very attacking but they end up losing 4-2 due to better managerial decisions at half time etc. I'm not sure if Gerrard can work things out like that. Rant over.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Palace were 2-0 up against City and lost. What a shambles they must be.

I'm not saying that at all, i'm saying Palace are a really good team, but good managers can figure them out at half time if they catch them by surprise.

Just now, Irish_Villain said:

I'm not saying that at all, i'm saying Palace are a really good team, but good managers can figure them out at half time if they catch them by surprise.

I don't think you can correlate much from one game to another. Norwich beat Man City 2019, but the teams that beat Norwich don't have an expectation to subsequently beat Man City.

We have issues, no doubt about it, but we can't extrapolate much from the first game of the season. If so, Liverpool and Man U would be relegated, a s Brighton will be champions. 

Liverpool beat Bournemouth 9-0
<insert Gerrard haters lunacy of the day here>
Gerrard is to blame!

Jesus dont you guys ever get tired of these pathetic attacks on our manager?
You will have plenty of sticks to beat him with if we get your desired result of a loss tomorrow. That will cheer you up.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 3

Obviously there is a gap between us and Liverpool, there is also a gap between us and Bournemouth but we were dreadful against them.  Our performances have been poor but don’t over analyse individual results. West Brom beat Chelsea 5-2 about 6 weeks before they won the CL. 
Weird results happen. Yes we need to improve but in terms of bridging the gap between us and any of the big six you get into a whole other convo about FFP. It’s bridging the gap between lower mid table and the Europa spots we need to worry about.

• Like 1

Six years ago today we lost 3-1 to Bristol City. It came up on a Facebook memory, I’d say we are a bit closer to Liverpool in quality these days.

Win the league?

Liverpool aim to win everything and will actually come close.

We try and kid ourselves that a European spot is achievable lol. (let alone a top half finish). 

That’s the difference.