Liverpool 9-0 v Bournemouth, Villa lost 2-0- How can we bridge this gap?

Irish_Villain

lol...  Are you implying we basically lost 18-0 by association?  🤣

Most ridiculous premise of a thread I've ever seen.  I'm not happy at all about how the team is playing, but this is absurd!  

3 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

I don't think you can correlate much from one game to another. Norwich beat Man City 2019, but the teams that beat Norwich don't have an expectation to subsequently beat Man City.

We have issues, no doubt about it, but we can't extrapolate much from the first game of the season. If so, Liverpool and Man U would be relegated, a s Brighton will be champions. 

We all know what palace can do and how good zaha is but did we do anything about it? 

12 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I didn't know which thread this should go in but this one seems suitable, Bournemouth's only goals and only points are from against us. Since they've shipped 16 goals and dropped 9 points.

Embarassing!!

It was a poor result but they have played Man. City and Liverpool away and Arsenal home since.

A team or two that will finish top 10 will probably lose all three.

• Like 1

Football is a weird game and every match takes place in isolation. We beat Liverpool 7-2 a couple of season ago, by that logic we should be capable of beating Bournemouth 16-0 but everyone knows that's ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

It was a poor result but they have played Man. City and Liverpool away and Arsenal home since.

A team or two that will finish top 10 will probably lose all three.

Yeah that's a fair point, but it is still embarrassing that Bournemouth haven't given a yelp since they played us and we made them look good.

It is still a valid observation that we are capable of awful at the moment 

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Yeah that's a fair point, but it is still embarrassing that Bournemouth haven't given a yelp since they played us and we made them look good.

It is still a valid observation that we are capable of awful at the moment 

Their next game is Wolves at home midweek. If Wolves go there and turn them over 2 or 3 nil then yes it's as bad as Watford away last season. Who knows though, Bournemouth might be quite solid at home this season but still get relegated.

On 26/08/2022 at 12:00, Blasterpocket68 said:

It’s not realistic and not going to happen . We’re 3 games in . 
I’m no advocate of Gerrards tenure at villa didn’t particularly want him . He is here and his been here less than nine months . Results will ultimately be his measure of success but it’s not time yet to wield the axe. The owners are successful business people with other sports business franchises. When and if the time comes I’m sure they will react appropriately. 
we’re Aston Villa not Watford. 

That won’t matter if we are relegated 

1 hour ago, QldVilla said:

Why does anything need to be read into the score? Bournemouth we’re eventually going to have an emotional drop after the excitement of returning to the PL, just did it against a Liverpool team who desperately needed a win.

The same Liverpool team we put 7 past two seasons ago.

Why does anything need to be read into the score? Hope you're being sarcastic. Also that game was behind closed doors when players were all weirded out and labelled " silly Saturday" for a reason. Those results never happened since. 

3 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I didn't know which thread this should go in but this one seems suitable, Bournemouth's only goals and only points are from against us. Since they've shipped 16 goals and dropped 9 points.

Embarassing!!

Scott Parker admitted today the players aren’t up to the standard of the Premier League and he feels sorry for them facing PL teams. I hate to think how sorry he felt for us!

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Scott Parker admitted today the players aren’t up to the standard of the Premier League and he feels sorry for them facing PL teams. I hate to think how sorry he felt for us!

This is what I mean, I know they have faced top 6 teams after us, that doesn't however take away from how completely embarassing we were. Another opening day fixture where we look like a complete shambles.

Last season there were valid excuses but this season I can't think of any other than we don't know what we're doing.

I have probably 10k hours FM experience may as well give me a chance next... I do it for a lot less too 😉

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1