Liverpool 9-0 v Bournemouth, Villa lost 2-0- How can we bridge this gap?

Irish_Villain

1 hour ago, NeilS said:

Six years ago today we lost 3-1 to Bristol City. It came up on a Facebook memory, I’d say we are a bit closer to Liverpool in quality these days.

Yeah there is always a part of me very happy with what we have done over the last few years. But I think for a lot of people that does add to the angst here, because Smith did so much for the club and the idea of ditching him when he’s d reached his ceiling was the new guy would do better. And that’s why appointing someone unproven was always going to be a gamble. Who knows, maybe we’ll smash West Ham tomorrow and it’ll turn out to be a good gamble - but the fact it largely looks like a bad one so far isn’t something to attack people for some sort of ‘disloyalty’.

In terms of closing the gap further - it just happens with investment, good coaching, a good business plan behind it. But I think we are unlikely to win the league in the next few decades if I am brutally honest - the rich keep getting richer in all walks of life and the PL is no different…

Edited by Adam2003

4 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I’m not an advocate of this thread, but how long are we going to dine out on that result?

As long as I have breath in my Marlboro ravaged lungs! 

It was a light hearted response to a question that didn't need to be asked. 

• Thanks 1

Why does anything need to be read into the score? Bournemouth we’re eventually going to have an emotional drop after the excitement of returning to the PL, just did it against a Liverpool team who desperately needed a win.

The same Liverpool team we put 7 past two seasons ago.

2 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Why does anything need to be read into the score? Bournemouth we’re eventually going to have an emotional drop after the excitement of returning to the PL, just did it against a Liverpool team who desperately needed a win.

spacer.png

Leicester best Southampton 9-0 a couple of years ago. They are currently second from bottom.

It’s a funny old game.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Xela said:

As long as I have breath in my Marlboro ravaged lungs! 

It was a light hearted response to a question that didn't need to be asked. 

Then my brain, which is now coated in 5 pints of Staropramen, is totally fine with it. 🙂

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

So in theory we should have beat Bournemouth by 16(14)?

;)

Edited by Tom13

I didn't know which thread this should go in but this one seems suitable, Bournemouth's only goals and only points are from against us. Since they've shipped 16 goals and dropped 9 points.

Embarassing!!

Since they played us they played Man City, Liverpool, and top of the table Arsenal. That's probably why they haven't scored any goals or taken any points since playing us, Liverpool scoring nine past them is a one off. We won't be the only team they beat this season.

Editor's note: Losing to them was very poor, but I don't think we can read too much into what happened in their next three fixtures.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Seems a lot of people are happy to lose to Bournemouth and the likes and get the odd win against spurs or Chelsea every now and again and finish 14th every season. IMO we should be beating these teams week in week out. They should be our bread and butter. But hey I can see why Villa park is a pit of misery ATM. People are just accepting us being crap, no ambition.

Someone said in reply " to that's not how football works" Well yes it is. That's why the best teams finish higher than relegation fodder, but if we can't beat relegation fodder then guess what we are?