Ismaila Sarr

Aston_Villan4

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Didn't be just say that Dortmund have an interest in Carney? Which may well have be true. The guy obviously has contacts in the game, but he also definitely taps in other people's work.

Fab said Carney was likely off to Germany in May and when another account speculated Carney was off to Dortmund he replied with the 👀 emoji.

• Like 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

Fab said Carney was likely off to Germany in May and when another account speculated Carney was off to Dortmund he replied with the 👀 emoji.

Yeah I have no problem with fab but often what he has "heard" is actually "what I read on twitter from someone I think is reliable but I wont mention that and instead imply I have first hand information."

love him though, he seems like a nice guy just trying to entertain.

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

So because he reported there was a chance Carney would leave three months before it happened, but got the team wrong, you don't trust him? I hope you don't hold the prognosticators of this board to the same standard. 😁

2 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Best player we have had since Grealish.

Not by a long shot mate. Has some nice attributes, but it takes much more than talent to be a good player, let alone a great one. 

Just now, VillaHatesMe said:

So because he reported there was a chance Carney would leave three months before it happened, but got the team wrong, you don't trust him? I hope you don't hold the prognosticators of this board to the same standard. 😁

He's in the business of speculation too. I just take what he says with a pinch of salt. If he just tweets "Aston Villa and Watford have full agreement - not completed yet on player side." It becomes less interesting.

• Like 2

Just now, villabromsgrove said:

I know, I'm from a much earlier era and I keep making the mistake of trying to be rational. That's not how things are done now is it? 🤔

Nooooo. Not at all. This is the new generation of responding. Pure instantaneous emotional responses only. Why be rational when you have that?

1 hour ago, Peter Griffin said:

I am not. NSWE and Purslow clueless? We were in the Championship when they  came to Villa and now we are moaning we are not a top 8 team and moaning we are buying a really exciting player for 25m+. 

Yeah, you did no moaning under the last guy. 

22 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Here's a cool idea, it's half past nine at night so why don't we wait patiently for accurate, authenticated news tomorrow. 

This is VILLATALK where Patience and Common Sense have no place.🤑

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I don't think many have criticised it. I think it's a great signing. Squad us stronger for it. 

I think it rightly raises questions about what the plan is or what we've been doing previously. 

I respectfully suggest you go back and read through the thread. Loads of people saying the signing doesn’t make sense. How is that not criticising it?

Some of the chaps just seem to have got into a negative feedback loop so anything that happens is bad. If the NSWE Board and Gerrard were filmed speaking kindly to and stroking kittens, it would be taken as a further descent into hell.

Edited by briny_ear

Just now, briny_ear said:

I respectfully suggest you go back and ready through the thread. Loads of people saying the signing doesn’t make sense. How is that not criticising it?

Some of the chaps have just seem to have got into a negative feedback loop so anything that happens is bad. If the NSWE Board and Gerrard were filmed speaking kindly to and stroking kittens, it would be taken as a further descent into hell.

I'm not sure that's criticising it. I'm over the moon we are signing him but to me it doesn't make complete sense. I'm unsure of where he will play or if it means a change in tactics for us. 

Like I said previously, we don't have a left winger and now have 2 out and out right wingers, yet we don't play wingers. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense at this point. Still thrilled we are signing him. A player I've wanted for a while. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I respectfully suggest you go back and ready through the thread. Loads of people saying the signing doesn’t make sense. How is that not criticising it?

Some of the chaps just seem to have got into a negative feedback loop so anything that happens is bad. If the NSWE Board and Gerrard were filmed speaking kindly to and stroking kittens, it would be taken as a further descent into hell.

THEY DID WHAT TO THE KITTEHS!?!? We’re run by **** psychos! GET THEM OUT! 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'm not sure that's criticising it. I'm over the moon we are signing him but to me it doesn't make complete sense. I'm unsure of where he will play or if it means a change in tactics for us. 

Like I said previously, we don't have a left winger and now have 2 out and out right wingers, yet we don't play wingers. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense at this point. Still thrilled we are signing him. A player I've wanted for a while. 

This is where I'm at with the potential Sarr signing too. Great player imo so I'm optimistic we can utilize him good.

2 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Should be a interesting few days. Sarr deal off, Gerrard and Purslow fighting for their futures. 

Where is this coming from? Randos on Twitter doesn’t really count.

• Confused 1

Â