Ismaila Sarr

Aston_Villan4

One of the strangest transfers we’ve made in a while. I was convinced we wouldn’t be signing any wingers in this window. It just doesn’t fit at all.

That said, if it means we move away from this suicidal 4-3-2-1 we’re playing, I’m all for it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I think you just won the prize for the most ridiculous comment on VT ever, and I think you may well retain this title for eternity.

Hope you're right, but I'll check back in a few years from now. I suspect this is as good as it's going to get under people who seem enamored with former big name footballers.

4 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I think you just won the prize for the most ridiculous comment on VT ever, and I think you may well retain this title for eternity.

I’m sure I’ve read plenty worse than that.

Plenty.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Hope you're right, but I'll check back in a few years from now. I suspect this is as good as it's going to get under people who seem enamored with former big name footballers.

You don't have to hope. Look at what our owners and Purslow have done for our club since they acquired us (and employed Purslow). They are far from clueless

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

One of the strangest transfers we’ve made in a while. I was convinced we wouldn’t be signing any wingers in this window. It just doesn’t fit at all.

That said, if it means we move away from this suicidal 4-3-2-1 we’re playing, I’m all for it. 

We already have that's why we've become shit defensively. We have gone 4 3 3 and given no 10s as cover for Midfield

4 3 3 or 4 2 3 1 with an end of the attacking fullbacks would be a dream with the players we have. 

• Like 1

Davkaus, I feel your pain. You care deeply and and that's all that matters. Whether your opinion turns out to be right or wrong, it's as valid as anyone's. I hold a different opinion to you about Sarr but you're still my Villa brother. 

Edited by villabromsgrove
I spelt Sarr's name wrong, duh!

8 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

4 3 3 or 4 2 3 1 with an end of the attacking fullbacks would be a dream with the players we have. 

Except digne at 20 odd million was signed specifically for his attacking qualities ( not really seen them personally compared to other left backs). He's shown even less from a defensive perspective.

Â