Ismaila Sarr

Aston_Villan4

1 hour ago, Peter Griffin said:

You really are falling behind most other VT posters. There are experts on here that know everything about him. Also, apparently you don't have to watch a player to see what he is like anymore. You just need a laptop and access to the the internet to read the stats. BTW, he has lost his pace since last season 🤣

He's getting old too.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

Is Sare behind the opposition goal?

Sarr is back at bodymoor working on his "look me in the eye" move, along with all our other defenders and midfielders who can actually pass a ball 5 yards.

• Like 1

Saar has been available all summer, so our late interest in him might be the first indication that Gerrard has finally realised that he can't continue playing his favoured narrow system with overlapping wing backs.

If he has decided to change to a system that actually allows pacy wingers to operate in front of holding full backs then signing Saar makes sense.

We still desperately need to sign a classy and physical CM partner for Kamara, and a big strong RCB to replace the woeful Konsa, but we also desperately need to change our tactical set up otherwise we're throwing money away by buying these players if SG isn't willing to change.

• Like 2

Surprised to see nothing from the club if this report is true.

If we agree a transfer with a club, we are usually very quick to post "Aston Villa has agreed a deal for X player, subject to medical/work permit etc".

Nothing like that i can see, makes me wonder if we are as far along with this one as reported.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I think sarrs a real coup. When he is top form he is very similar to mane

He does have a very high ceiling in terms of talent. A front three of Bailey, Watkins and Sarr is absolutely electric pace. If we solved the midfield by solving the full backs we can be a good side

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He does have a very high ceiling in terms of talent. A front three of Bailey, Watkins and Sarr is absolutely electric pace. If we solved the midfield by solving the full backs we can be a good side

I agree wholeheartedly. I honestly think gerrard dumps this failing playing without front three we could be lethal on the counter attack

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You have to wonder what would convince him to join us rather than West Ham considering he gets to stay in London. I can only assume we offer him more money. 

They have not submitted a bid, or if they have we haven't heard about it, hasn't been accepted if they have.

He can't choose West Ham if they don't bid for him can he?

5 minutes ago, est1874 said:

They have not submitted a bid, or if they have we haven't heard about it, hasn't been accepted if they have.

He can't choose West Ham if they don't bid for him can he?

Fair enough. We’ll probably sign him due to being only club in for him. 

Â