Straw Poll: Gerrard In or Out?

Marka Ragnos

Straw Poll: Gerrard In or Out?  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Straw Poll (Aug. 2022): Gerrard In or Out?

For those who want him to still stay.....what do you see today to say he's going to guide us to a top half finish? That surely has to be the ambition given what we've spent. Palace are a decent team but I'm not convinced they'll be top 10 personally so we just got outplayed by a team who'll be in 10th-12th range.

The optics are looking really bad now with next three being West Ham, Arsenal and Man. City. Could easily be on 3-4 points after 6 games which is nowhere near good enough however it's spun, Smith had 10 points after six games last season as a guide.

I think we need to roll the dice. Nothing worse than giving him until world cup break when half the season has been played and it's another wasted year.

4 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

We're somehow still 9th in the table since Gerrard took over. 

Mate i've tried and tried, but I can't hold on any longer.

I also doubt i'll feel any different tomorrow.

It's not even anger, i'm not even sure how to describe what i feel.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

For those who want him to still stay.....what do you see today to say he's going to guide us to a top half finish? That surely has to be the ambition given what we've spent. Palace are a decent team but I'm not convinced they'll be top 10 personally so we just got outplayed by a team who'll be in 10th-12th range.

The optics are looking really bad now with next three being West Ham, Arsenal and Man. City. Could easily be on 3-4 points after 6 games which is nowhere near good enough however it's spun, Smith had 10 points after six games last season as a guide.

I think we need to roll the dice. Nothing worse than giving him until world cup break when half the season has been played and it's another wasted year.

In all honesty, its still too early and there's really no point in throwing him out now and giving the new manager such a tough run in so might as well just give him the next couple games. 

Just now, PaulC said:

How many games did we give Dean Smith last season? I think he needs a similar amount of games before we get rid. 

Well I think the circumstances are different though. Dean pretty much topped out. Gerrard was supposed to come in and take us to that next level but so far it’s flatlined. But I still do agree there should be a bit more time.

I’ve been an advocate of sticking with what we’ve got, as changing a manager is always extremely disruptive and painful in financial and football terms. But it sounds like we were again clueless, I’ve spoken to people who aren’t on VT but have watched the game and they’ve confirmed that we were awful. I no longer have any faith, or indeed hope that SG can turn this around. 

The club are in a difficult position, the outside will scream “It’s only three games!” but the truth is he’s had some time and we are going rapidly backwards. The hope is that the board are working in the background, we’ve spent a relatively small amount this window, which would suggest that there are concerns at board level. Hopefully they have a plan, it’s better than the last one and they execute it soon. 

5 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

In all honesty, its still too early and there's really no point in throwing him out now and giving the new manager such a tough run in so might as well just give him the next couple games. 

It is but I'm worried the board are just going to ignore everything and give him until world cup break regardless. Dread to think the position we'll be in then.

If people want a serious relegation battle after a couple of seasons away from it fair enough but I want better for my club and simple truth is many clubs are just overtaking us with better coaching so we need to do something about that before it's just another wasted year.

4 hours ago, markc said:

They must be pissing themselves laughing at us over on the SHA forums, thought it was us who meant to be laughing at them. 

I find all of this manager out after 2 games of the season embarrassing.

You wanna update this post to 3?

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate i've tried and tried, but I can't hold on any longer.

I also doubt i'll feel any different tomorrow.

It's not even anger, i'm not even sure how to describe what i feel.

Disappointment? Sadness? You clearly hoped it would work out, even if you could see the warning signs. Nothing wrong with that.