Straw Poll: Gerrard In or Out?

Marka Ragnos

Straw Poll: Gerrard In or Out?  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Straw Poll (Aug. 2022): Gerrard In or Out?

36 minutes ago, Zatman said:

we have lost 7 of our last 13 though picking up a disgraceful 13 points

Yes last season does count

And Smith got 40 points from 36 games - hence why he was rightfully sacked.

Whether you like it or not, Gerrard isn't in such a spiral.

11 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

And Smith got 40 points from 36 games - hence why he was rightfully sacked.

Whether you like it or not, Gerrard isn't in such a spiral.

Gerrard has 26 points from 22 games without a huge COVID outbreak, is it really that much better

Edited by Zatman

They must be pissing themselves laughing at us over on the SHA forums, thought it was us who meant to be laughing at them. 

I find all of this manager out after 2 games of the season embarrassing.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, markc said:

They must be pissing themselves laughing at us over on the SHA forums, thought it was us who meant to be laughing at them. 

its more than 2 games. I dont understand why people cannot grasp that part

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, markc said:

They can read now? When did that happen?

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, markc said:

I don't want him gone but this ignores a lot of what people are saying. 

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think this surpasses Di Matteo levels by far.

did people hate Di Matteo? I dont remember that 

His results werent great but at least could see what he was attempting to do unlike now. We jsut conceded a lot of late goals 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

did people hate Di Matteo? I dont remember that 

His results werent great but at least could see what he was attempting to do unlike now. We jsut conceded a lot of late goals 

Nah which is the point. You said Gerrard is getting a free pass. He really isn’t if this forum is anything to go by.

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fans of other teams are laughing at us for wanting him sacked based on last season.

Oh no, not fans of other teams. Whatever will we do.

They can **** off with their villa opinions.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fans of other teams are laughing at us for wanting him sacked based on last season.

So? Why do we care why others who don’t want us to succeed generally feel this way now about us? I couldn’t give a damn about other fans.  

Plus I don’t agree with the comment, I’ve read loads where fans and media pundits think he’s under massive pressure because of the ending last season so needs good amount points on the board early this season.

3 hours ago, MellbergsBeard said:

Sorry to jump in,

but I think this is part of the problem, a top 10 finish this season would have been adequate for me but all of the noise out of the club is a top 7 finish.

that’s not going to happen after the way we have started, their adding unnecessary pressure on to themselves.

Well they've spent the money to come 7th.

They've just been conned into appointing Gerrard.

It's on if we get a decent manager.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

maybe Sky will be laughing next

I remember other fans laughed at Southampton for sacking Atkins for that nobody Pochettino. Couldnt even tell you who Atkins manages now

3 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

I really can’t be bothered to even have a discussion about it because we could play amazingly well today and lose and the same people will be sniping again at the manager.

We'll see. I think everyone will be pleased and hope to see more.

3 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

At the same time, we could play shit and win 3-0 and the same people will be more than happy to highlight our inadequacies.

If we play shit and win 3-0 it'll be funny but not a performance to try and replicate.

Just like last week when we won 2-1 but if we play like that again, we will lose today... because we were shit.

10 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Oh no, not fans of other teams. Whatever will we do.

They can **** off with their villa opinions.

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

So? Why do we care why others who don’t want us to succeed generally feel this way now about us? I couldn’t give a damn about other fans.  

Plus I don’t agree with the comment, I’ve read loads where fans and media pundits think he’s under massive pressure because of the ending last season so needs good amount points on the board early this season.

Who said I cared what other fans think?. I just continued the conversation above my post. 

Under pressure is different to thinking he should be sacked right now.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, sne said:

Fans of other teams generally have their own problems to worry about. Who cares what Slack Jaw von Dingleberry from Leeds thinks about Villa.

As the most moral and respectable ‘person’ from Leeds, Mr von Dingleberry might have some valid points. The rest of them though…

Edited by a m ole
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Are they also laughing at Southampton fans for being critical of Hasenhuttl based on previous seasons, or Leicester fans of Rodgers?

Well those managers haven't had just over half a season so I don’t see how your post is relevant. 

Anyway as I and many people have said, who cares what other fans think. I was just making a general comment.