Straw Poll: Gerrard In or Out?

Marka Ragnos

Straw Poll: Gerrard In or Out?  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Straw Poll (Aug. 2022): Gerrard In or Out?

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He still got longer than 9 months.

OK if thats the case should Palace have kept De Boer, Spurs have kept Nuno or Chelsea kept AVB

All had less than 9 months and the clubs were proactive and realised they were crap

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Are they also laughing at Southampton fans for being critical of Hasenhuttl based on previous seasons, or Leicester fans of Rodgers?

sure some have called for Ten Hag to be sacked and I havent heard any laughter :D  

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

since the last manager got sacked for getting 55 points I am expecting this alleged upgrade to at least hit 60 points

You mean the last manager who is doing such a good job with one of the biggest teams in the championship?

Aren’t there enough red flags about that season already before i take you back to school again?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Zatman said:

did people hate Di Matteo? I dont remember that 

His results werent great but at least could see what he was attempting to do unlike now. We jsut conceded a lot of late goals 

I actually thought if we kept him, he would have come good.

Probably unpopular opinion.

Bare in mind I also loved Sherwood 🤣

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DakotaVilla said:

You mean the last manager who is doing such a good job with one of the biggest teams in the championship?

Aren’t there enough red flags about that season already before i take you back to school again?

take me to school? what are you some sort of internet tough guy, maybe next can take me to the school of hard knocks :D 

absolutely no red flags about that season. Same top 8 as last season, 3 teams that went down only one bounced back up so not sure what these red flags are. Our players player of the season is also playing well with fans so I dont believe any rubbish about that season being unique except was no fans

10 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Are they also laughing at Southampton fans for being critical of Hasenhuttl based on previous seasons, or Leicester fans of Rodgers?

Indeed. Rodgers in his three full seasons at Leicester has finished 5th, 5th, 8th, reached european SF and won FA cup.

Don't think I'm being negative to say Gerrard will come nowhere near reaching those standards even if he spends comparable amount.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Zatman said:

OK if thats the case should Palace have kept De Boer, Spurs have kept Nuno or Chelsea kept AVB

All had less than 9 months and the clubs were proactive and realised they were crap

Different circumstances again. They all started a season rather than coming in half way.

28 minutes ago, Zatman said:

take me to school? what are you some sort of internet tough guy, maybe next can take me to the school of hard knocks :D 

absolutely no red flags about that season. Same top 8 as last season, 3 teams that went down only one bounced back up so not sure what these red flags are. Our players player of the season is also playing well with fans so I dont believe any rubbish about that season being unique except was no fans

The red flag about that season was the over reliance of Grealish. The form without him would have seen us relegated.

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The red flag about that season was the over reliance of Grealish. The form without him would have seen us relegated.

We got 13 points from 13 games without Grealish that season and that included games vs City, Liverpool, United and Leicester who all finished in the top 6 plus Spurs 

34 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I’m talking about when I completely destroyed you about Gerrard being a cheque book manager at rangers. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Is that not relegation form?

No because you dont play top 6 teams all season. The non European teams we played we got 13 points from 8 games so would be comfortably safe

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

No because you dont play top 6 teams all season. The non European teams we played we got 13 points from 8 games so would be comfortably safe

Ok so if we remove those 7 teams over a season and go with the 13 points from 8 game  form without Grealish that would give us 40 points over a season. Would be safe but hardly great is it ?

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Ok so if we remove those 7 teams over a season and go with the 13 points from 8 game  form without Grealish that would give us 40 points over a season. Would be safe but hardly great is it ?

Its better than what Gerrard will probably lead us too 😞

29 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

BuT GeRaRd WiLl NevER DrOP hIs BeSt FrIenD…..oh what he just did?

Holy moly! How impressive! After constant clamour from the fans which has led to journalists asking questions and Gerrard snapping back like an angry teen Gerrard has finally started our best player. Bravo! What incredible management!

• Thanks 2