Relegation Battle - 22/23

Tayls

Leeds getting a draw away to Liverpool isn't good for us we need Liverpool to win that game. This really is starting to feel like the first season back, we couldn't beat any top half teams, whereas the teams around us kept randomly getting results against top six sides. We had more points after thirteen games the season we finished on a miserly 35 points than we have now after thirteen games.

16 minutes ago, useless said:

Leeds getting a draw away to Liverpool isn't good for us we need Liverpool to win that game. This really is starting to feel like the first season back, we couldn't beat any top half teams, whereas the teams around us kept randomly getting results against top six sides. We had more points after thirteen games the season we finished on a miserly 35 points than we have now after thirteen games.

Now Leeds beating Liverpool with last minute goal.

And of course when we play Liverpool they will turn back into their old selves and look like world beaters again. Other teams are doing it, we need to get a few results of our own where we're not expected to.

Could be a bittersweet win for Leeds fans as they've been desperate for Marsche to be sacked and I think were hoping this would be his last game, similar I guess to how us beating Fulham would have felt bittersweet to some as would have felt like it would have bought Gerrard more time.

Expectations have taken another big dip today, just when we think they may be turning a corner they **** us again! I'm 100% behind Emery, but the man has some work on his hands to get these lot into gear, our owners must feel cursed to throw 400 mil into villa and have this lot to show for it. Anyway I'm positive he'll get it right, if he can't were truly are cursed LMFAO 

27 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Lock this thread, we aint getting relegated

Forest win tomorrow they are level on points with us. I hope we will be OK under Emery but nothing is a guarantee, if the players revolt against him for example we are in for a long season. We really need to go on a run to pick up points and sort our away form out, it’s embarrassing.

Edited by dudevillaisnice

Just now, Rossi said:

Expectations have taken another big dip today, just when we think they may be turning a corner they **** us again! I'm 100% behind Emery, but the man has some work on his hands to get these lot into gear, our owners must feel cursed to throw 400 mil into villa and have this lot to show for it. Anyway I'm positive he'll get it right, if he can't were truly are cursed LMFAO 

A lot of people below NSWE have let them down. Emery needs to be backed and the players need to be held accountable just like the coach.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Forest win tomorrow they are level on points with us. I hope we will be OK under Emery but nothing is a guarantee, if the players revolt against him for example we are in for a long season. We really need to go on a run to pick up points and sort out away from out, it’s embarrassing.

No hiding place for the players now. Two managers sacked on behalf of them.

2 minutes ago, Tayls said:

This season could be a carbon copy of the Garde era. Really poor squad like it was back then. Not looking forward to the rest of this campaign. 

This squad is miles better than that squad. I mean the prem is better now but still. That side had players like Lescott, Gestede and Richards in it. Only Ayew and Gueye were decent.

• Like 1

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

This squad is miles better than that squad. I mean the prem is better now but still. That side had players like Lescott, Gestede and Richards in it. Only Ayew and Gueye were decent.

The squad this season is super poor. We had some excellent talent back then that but the timing was off. 
I don’t have faith in these players at the moment to be able to keep us up. 

We're going to be in the bottom 3 come January. That's going to make it hard to improve the squad. And given the fixtures, most of the games in January will be 6 pointers, so we'll either be clear or pretty much dead by the end of the month I would expect. 

Just now, Tayls said:

The squad this season is super poor. We had some excellent talent back then that but the timing was off. 
I don’t have faith in these players at the moment to be able to keep us up. 

I will be staggered if we get relegated. We might not have a good season but come 38 games there should be at least 3 clubs worse than us.

If we go down it will be only down to Conservative Party   levels of incompetence.

Emery will sort us out..it will take time but a manager with his pedigree will succeed and us with it. 

Fine lines separate success from failure at this level and he will make a difference. This time next year (we will be millionaires 😆) we will be competing for the top 8.  

Under Emery we will start getting points off some of top half teams ourselves so not too worried.

We certainly shouldn't be writing off Liverpool at home ffs with the state they're in and they'll have half their squad at the world cup so who knows who will come back injured/fatigued.

He'll also be very motivated when we play Arsenal at VP.

Everton are seen as having a decent season so far. They're 2 points ahead of us and only won once in seven games away from home.

Infact you look at Palace in top half on 16 points and they haven't won away yet nor have Brentford.

A season of very few away wins by 75% of the league so far.

1 hour ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Forest win tomorrow they are level on points with us. I hope we will be OK under Emery but nothing is a guarantee, if the players revolt against him for example we are in for a long season. We really need to go on a run to pick up points and sort our away form out, it’s embarrassing.

Why would the players revolt under him?! Think majority will be excited to work under someone they can actually improve under if they listen and take on board his instructions. Will be a new thing for them after last 12 months.

Don't half get some weird comments on here, it's like we shouldn't be appointing top class managers and should just wallow in mediocrity for rest of our existence.

If some players don't want to learn then they'll be out of the door in January I'm sure.

• Like 1