Betting sites

colhint

I want to bet a large sum, for me anyway. I want to bet about £300 on England u19 to beat Israel tomorrow. Now I haven't placed a bet for about 5 years, and have never placed a bet online, nor registered with any betting sites. I have found out there are offers for new customers. From free bets to bet a tenner and get 20 in free bets. It got me thinking. If I joined multiple sites my stake could go a lot higher using the free bets. I haven't worked out the full amount yet. There is one site offering to double your odds. So my thinking was use as many free bets as possible then plonk whats left of the 300 on that site.

I have a few concerns.

1 Some of the odds are not in fractions, are they easy to work out?

2 Can I use the free bet on the same bet, Does my free £10 bet have to go on a horse race or something.

3 Is it easy to get your money back?

4 Are there any other things to consider.

I know there are terms and conditions on every site. But I dont have time to read pages and pages over multiple sites.

Any advice would be welcome

Been a long time since I've signed up to any new sites so I can't give definitive answers but as far as I think...

1. Most sites should have a button somewhere you can click to convert the odds into the format you prefer. If you can't find it you can compare on a converter site such as this.

2. Maybe...but unlikely. I think most places only award you the free bet after the first bet has been settled. You'll be able to put the bet on whatever you want (some sites have minimum odds requirements) but you'll only be able to put it on after the ENG ISR game has finished.

3. Yes, certainly it is easy to get money back from most of the more well known sites.

4. Lots of other things to consider. Be sure to know that with your free bets you won't get the stake element back. eg. If you back something at 2/1 with a free bet tenner you'll just be returned £20 not £30. Be careful of wagering requirements! Some sites offer a free bet but then insist you gamble it 5, 10 or even 20 times before you can withdraw it. Also..I like to gamble but I think there are plenty of others who could advise on you being able to guarantee money back on your free bets by laying them off on an an exchange...not my bag due to the lack of buzz but I'm sure more prudent VT'ers can help with that.

Edited by WhatAboutTheFinish
Spellzing

Be prepared for the possibility of having to go through ID verification as I got stung by it last time I tried to place a last minute bet on something online. Presumably they will make you do it to withdraw anyway.

It should be a relatively quick & painless process but I'd do it ahead of time just in case you get issues with blurry pictures etc.

1 hour ago, colhint said:

I want to bet a large sum, for me anyway. I want to bet about £300 on England u19 to beat Israel tomorrow. Now I haven't placed a bet for about 5 years, and have never placed a bet online, nor registered with any betting sites. I have found out there are offers for new customers. From free bets to bet a tenner and get 20 in free bets. It got me thinking. If I joined multiple sites my stake could go a lot higher using the free bets. I haven't worked out the full amount yet. There is one site offering to double your odds. So my thinking was use as many free bets as possible then plonk whats left of the 300 on that site.

I have a few concerns.

2 Can I use the free bet on the same bet, Does my free £10 bet have to go on a horse race or something.

I know there are terms and conditions on every site. But I dont have time to read pages and pages over multiple sites.

Unfortunately you'll need to read the t&c of those sites to understnad. Some of them give you free bets but you have to bet through that 3 times before you can withdraw. Some make you bet on something that is at least evens or higher. Some give you 5 free £10 bets you need to place on different events.

You'll need to read the T&Cs of each site before you do this

1 hour ago, colhint said:

I have a few concerns.

4. Are you planning to take out a mortgage anytime soon, as in the next few months? If so beware, as banks are not big fans of betting companies, or in this case multiple companies, appearing on bank statements.

That was one piece of advice a friend of mine gave me when I asked him once why he just didn't place the bet online.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

4. Are you planning to take out a mortgage anytime soon, as in the next few months? If so beware, as banks are not big fans of betting companies, or in this case multiple companies, appearing on bank statements.

That was one piece of advice a friend of mine gave me when I asked him once why he just didn't place the bet online.

nah that's not true. i'm a heavy gambler (£1000s a week) and had no problem getting accepted for a mortgage despite page after page of transactions with betting companies. now, if i was taking out loans and then gambling, or regularly going into my overdraft, that's a different story...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

nah that's not true. i'm a heavy gambler (£1000s a week) and had no problem getting accepted for a mortgage despite page after page of transactions with betting companies. now, if i was taking out loans and then gambling, or regularly going into my overdraft, that's a different story...

Fair enough, maybe he was being overly cautious. As I said, it wasn't my experience.

Yeah I've had no issue with mortgage either. It's really based off income multiples and existing outgoings. Saying that most of the betting accounts were shut down by the bookies by then so was only betfair left

4 hours ago, colhint said:

I have a few concerns.

I will stick it on got you on my sky bet account if you want, play around with much more so no  issue. Would stick it on in good faith then you could credit me when proved, not a con by the way just trying to help 

When you do the maths on the betting markets, I don't know why anyone bothers, unless you're just doing it for a bit of fun. The bookies price everything so you have to have an enormous edge to make a consistent profit, and if you find a consistent edge they'll usually limit your stakes or block your account.

• Like 1

On 30/06/2022 at 16:49, tomav84 said:

That's quite interesting.

What do you bet on usually?

Racing? Tennis?

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

That's quite interesting.

What do you bet on usually?

Racing? Tennis?

just horses. keep stakes level and not staking large amounts

if deposits from my bank were exceptionally large, i guess that might concern a mortgage lender too

• Like 1

Odds converters? Guys it’s literally just the fraction + 1 because decimal odds give you the returns amount rather than just the profit of the numerator to the denominator. If you can’t understand that without a table I’d suggest you shouldn’t be betting in the first place.

Apart from the grand national of course, fill your boots (or the bookies’).

• Like 1

Â